1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

There is only one absolutely 100% guaranteed birth control method:

"Get the hell away from me, you rotten *******!"
There are actually several 100% accurate methods of birth control, including but not limited to

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]oral, anal, and manual sex; as well as the old stand by - girl on girl sex.[/SPOILER]

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

Ok last time I checked Birth Control Pills was not fully preventing pregnancy. Anyhow I seen a pill you can have for up to 5 years or Birth Control up to 5 years.
I don't understand what you are trying to say in the last part of your post, but birth control pills, when used correctly and diligently, are over 99% effective in preventing pregnancy.

Thanks for alerting us, Fadeaway! Luckily that is not my brand either.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I don't understand what you are trying to say in the last part of your post, but birth control pills, when used correctly and diligently, are over 99% effective in preventing pregnancy.

No problem. Seems like a ****ty day for women today. First the Planned Parenthood losing funding bs fiasco and then the birth control recall.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I just know a few that got pregnant on the pill and they were taking it normally.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

I just know a few that got pregnant on the pill and they were taking it normally.
Statistics are more convincing evidence than anecdotal evidence. I've heard these stories too, but, quite frankly, you cannot know that these women took the pills exactly as directed. Accidentally missing pills is very easy to do, and it increases your chances of pregnancy. You're right that they are not 100%, but they are still extremely effective.

I'm still not sure what you were trying to say about "five years." Are you saying that it's safe to take a birth control pill up to five years? It's safe to take them for much longer than that. Or did you see some product that isn't a pill that is effective for five years? This sounds like the hormone IUD Mirena, but I'm not sure about the details of that. The effectiveness rating of those is about the same as normal birth control pills I think.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Uh-oh.

And thus ensuring at least one more season of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"
Truth

So glad I don't take BC pills anymore. If I didn't have such bad side effects to them, I would still be on it. I think the pill recalled was the one I had severe issues with.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Fortunately, I don't experience any noticable side effects that some women do, and I have been on the pill for probably 7 years now. I really HOPE they are safe longer than 5 years, because most doctors won't approve female sterilization surgery until either 1) You have had a child (not happening) or 2) You are in your 30s (I just turned 26).

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I had to come off the pill after I was on it for 10 years as I started getting abnormal smear tests and the doctor said that can be a side effect for some women. I don't know how common that is though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.