VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently turned vegetarian after a bad experience with live dissection in my biology class. I refused the lab and my teacher later asked me to do the dissection virtually. I later refused that, too. Now, he's making me write an essay explaining the pros/cons of both live/virtual dissection. He said it can't toally be my own opinion so I thought I'd ask around here and see if anybody would give me theirs. I really can't think of any pros... Thanks!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
he might want you to reference so you'd be better off getting facts and possibly even statistics from other websites...as neutral as possible.

If you are going to get opinions from random people on a messageboard, it will need to be more balanced than from a veg messageboard probably. I'm sure we have some pro-dissection people here but it will be biased to anti-dissection.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What isowish said.

HowEVAHHH....I don't like dissection. Unless like, the animal died of natural causes or whatever. Even if I wasn't a vegetarian, I wouldn't like the idea of it, just because it's kind of...gross.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Well the major, and probably only, pro is that you can see the real thing. I've done both kinds, and I know I gained much better appreciation of how the body works from dissecting a real animal. It's kind of hard to put into words (especially as I don't want to get graphic).

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
What I can't believe is that he's still conducting real dissections when he has virtual available.

I know that doesn't answer your question at all but I also think you'd be better of doing some research at the library and referencing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts