1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Bill Plaschke: Don't be fooled by the 'new' Michael Vick
August 18, 2011 | 10:26 am

The NFL is back, and so is Americas favorite football villain, running the field, juking the world, boggling the mind.

Its still a Vick-eat-Vick world out there.

This time, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is destroying his image with his mouth, saying some things in an upcoming GQ magazine story that are far more stunning than last seasons 100.2 quarterback rating.

Barely two years after completing a 21-month prison sentence for dogfighting, Vick has apparently regained his swagger, not only on the field but also on the streets, where the perpetrator is recasting himself as the victim. He knows Americas sports fans have forgiven, now he wants them to completely forget because, really, whats the big deal anyway?
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...fl-eagles.html

Bill Plaschke is a sports writer for the Los Angeles Times; it's nice to know that there is at least one of these guys out there who sees through the "new" Michael Vick. I, for one, doubted that Michael Vick has really changed.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
OMG!! "Pointless"??? "Not a big deal?" Wow! I really, really hope this opens up people's eyes and they see what he really is now. I did not understand how anyone believed he had changed or that he truly felt an ounce of remorse. The only thing he regretted was getting caught.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

I never thought he was sorry for anything other than getting caught.
Agreed.

He's a piece of **** in my opinion. The Eagles are my home team and I was so disappointed when he was signed. What's really depressing is that people who were at first outraged that he was signed now cheer for the Eagles because they're doing well. I hope they see this article and it reminds them what a horrible, horrible person he is...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Michael Vick's dog fighting--which I don't condone, by the way--pales in comparison to the torture and slaughter of factory- and free-range-farmed animals. Omnivores contribute to this torture and slaughter of more than 10 billion animals annually. They may not be physically torturing and slaughtering these animals, but they are paying someone to do it for them. If we're treating all animals as equals, is it fair to say that our omnivorous friends and family are horrible people? Pieces of **** even?

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

Michael Vick's dog fighting--which I don't condone, by the way--pales in comparison to the torture and slaughter of factory- and free-range-farmed animals. Omnivores contribute to this torture and slaughter of more than 10 billion animals annually. They may not be physically torturing and slaughtering these animals, but they are paying someone to do it for them. If we're treating all animals as equals, is it fair to say that our omnivorous friends and family are horrible people? Pieces of **** even?
there's a lot of truth to what you're saying. society condones animals to be killed for a fur coat or a happy meal. they are treated like throwaway beings to be killed for a whim. people that sincerely think of themselves as animal lovers eat steaks. so is what mr. vick did a great leap beyond that? i'd say it's a fair question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.