VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on summer vacation along with my daughter. During summer vacation we make sure the bikes are in working order and we use them daily...whenever there's an errand that can be taken care of by bike....or to go to the local sprinkler park....or to buy groceries. We've found that all of these things can mostly be taken care of by bike.<br><br><br><br>
We had a really good day yesterday on our bikes. We went to our local bakery, stopped at a new art gallery that has opened up on that street, went to the library, used bookstore and grocery store. There is something so refreshing about this (I know it's nothing new to many of you...and in fact, we did this last year as well), being out in the air, taking your time, sweating a little. I know that people in many countries use their bikes daily, as a matter of course. But I am really enjoying the exercise, entertainment and practicality of riding my bicycle. I also enjoy the amount of money I've not spent so far this summer buying gas.<br><br><br><br>
I thought I'd create a thread in case other people wanted to share enjoyable cycling stories.....if you think it's too corny for words, you can move on to something else.<br><br><br><br>
B

·
Registered
16 Posts
i also love biking. if and when i can bike to nearby places i do. i live close to a grocery store, a health food store, a consinement shop (used clothing) and a farmers market. i love to bike to all of them on a weekly basis. when i can!! i always bring my big backpack, since i have that backpack then i dont even need to waste plastic bags and i can just put them in the pack.<br><br><br><br>
i love my bike. im going off to college in the fall so i will miss doing this unless i can find still do it there!? (upstate new york). but in college i hardly will need my car.<br><br><br><br>
i would even bike to work but i get out late and i dont want to bike back at 11pm for safety reasons.<br><br><br><br>
cool<br><br><br><br>
peace and love<br><br>
~alyssa

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Great idea!<br><br><br><br>
I usually bike to work in the summer, but this year I got a cold in March that triggered an asthmatic cough that took months to get rid of. I tried biking to a friend's house once in April and could barely breathe, so I put my bike away and got a doctor's appointment. I finally got into the allergist 3 weeks ago and last week I went biking for the first time. I couldn't stop smiling :) I've been out 3 times now and as soon as I get around to changing my inner tube (I have a slow leak that I've been just pumping up every time I use the bike) I'll start biking to work again. I'm really lucky that all the buses in my town have bike racks so if I find I can only bike in one direction, I can take the bus home.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Oh I wish we could do that. Unfortunately it's close to 100 most days, and my little guy is still on training wheels. Riding that slow in that heat might just kill me!<br><br><br><br>
We do have morning bike outings though. Early in the morning we take the bikes to the park and I walk and they ride. Then they play for a bit and we come home and cool off in the pool!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I love biking. I have actually considered selling my car this year. I started biking to work back in March and have ridden all over town. I love it. I know I am not adding to air pollution. I wish others would bike also more often. I haven't put more than $20 into my tank in a month since I started biking a lot... Pres. Bush, I am not dependent on gasoline. What about You????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts