VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's watching? I've been waiting forever for this season to start! I've always watched Big Brother but last season I really got into it and used to stay up to watch Big Brother After Dark. This year I don't have the After Dark channel anymore, though (is it Starz or HBO?), so I won't get to hear some of the stuff ahead of time. I already don't like Shelly (she's the exec for the hunting place), and I don't really like Cassi, either (the model that said she loves fishing).

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I dont normally watch this show and only saw a few minutes and they were talking to a guy who was a preacher but was lying he was a matchmaker or something like that and he was making comments about a womans cleavage.....loathe liars and he so made me wanna puke....and I didnt watch anymore.

peace

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

I dont normally watch this show and only saw a few minutes and they were talking to a guy who was a preacher but was lying he was a matchmaker or something like that and he was making comments about a womans cleavage.....loathe liars and he so made me wanna puke....and I didnt watch anymore.

peace
Yeah, they normally will come up with a cover story to avoid suspicion. Like I think there was a season where a lawyer said he worked at McDonald's or something like that to avoid suspicion, but the priest seemed pretty bad from the beginning when he started saying some things about wanting to meet women and said something about hoping they had good bodies.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
I used to be a big fan season 1-6. but after season 6 i just started hating the show. for me a big part of it was discussing it with other fans on forums, but people instead of talking about the game decided to be moral jurors, glorify that clique with janelle in it and make the people who played the game to win the money villains.

haha, i ended up fighting with janelle when she came out, so she hated me too, lol. and they even talked about me on bb7 (james, my second favorite player, mentioned me to Will, my all time favorite player and janelle said that i look like an ugly troll, lolz)

but yeah, i wish the bb fans were more fun and reasonable instead of nasty morality pushers, i would love the show then

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I never liked the American BB, I think it took a fun, light-hearted concept and twisted it into a contest based on all the wrong values. It was more like an episode of Survivor than BB. The British version of the show was the only version worth watching IMO. My friend and I enjoyed the show so much we used to have the live internet stream projected onto a wall in our house and we'd leave it on 24 hours a day. It used to freak out a lot of people who came to stay over at our place during the three months it was on because they'd say it was weird cos it was like having a seperate group of friends in the house who you knew, but couldn't talk to.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

The British version of the show was the only version worth watching IMO.
I've never heard of or seen the British version, maybe I should look into it.

Don't know where I'd find it as an American though...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Terminally dull programme that perfectly encapsulates everything I hate about modern life. I have been made to sit through 4 whole episodes from various years and I wanted to gouge out my eyes with spoons each time.

You could say I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have the live feeds on right now.
If I based my opinion of the show strictly on what airs on CBS, I would hate it but the feeds make it very entertaining. There's so much that they can't fit into the show. Non-feed viewers may never see last night's wonderful production of "The Adventures of Captain Wedgie."

I'm also not a fan of Shelly. It's annoying that she tries to play herself off as a health nut... smoking, hunting, wiping clean silverware on your slept-in pajama shirt, wasting gobs of paper towels cleaning things you just cleaned, etcetera don't fit my personal ideals of a health nut.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousX View Post

Don't know where I'd find it as an American though...
They don't make it any more in the UK. The last series aired in 2010. If you are interested you can find the old shows on the net.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveKnit View Post

I have the live feeds on right now.
If I based my opinion of the show strictly on what airs on CBS, I would hate it but the feeds make it very entertaining. There's so much that they can't fit into the show. Non-feed viewers may never see last night's wonderful production of "The Adventures of Captain Wedgie."

I'm also not a fan of Shelly. It's annoying that she tries to play herself off as a health nut... smoking, hunting, wiping clean silverware on your slept-in pajama shirt, wasting gobs of paper towels cleaning things you just cleaned, etcetera don't fit my personal ideals of a health nut.
I agree. I loved it on CBS, but now that I've seen it with live feeds it's hard to go back to just CBS. I don't have full feeds, I just have the three hours a night one, luckily my mom got a special so we have it for three months now
Last season, I hated certain guests, and then I started watching after dark feeds and I got to see their actual personality and I completely switched my views. It's great to see things before they happen, too. I also love how the official show is on three days a week.

I'm so glad they brought the former guests back! I loved Jeff and Jordan, and they were great on Amazing Race, too. Rachel and Brendan were also great. I hated Rachel on CBS, but after seeing live feeds I really liked her. I like that she has a full Disney vhs collection, too, and loves Disney movies. Evel Dick and Danielle were good players, but I didn't really like them. They would've been great to cause drama, though, so I was happy they were coming back, but it was pointless since he left so soon.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

I used to be a big fan season 1-6. but after season 6 i just started hating the show. for me a big part of it was discussing it with other fans on forums, but people instead of talking about the game decided to be moral jurors, glorify that clique with janelle in it and make the people who played the game to win the money villains.

haha, i ended up fighting with janelle when she came out, so she hated me too, lol. and they even talked about me on bb7 (james, my second favorite player, mentioned me to Will, my all time favorite player and janelle said that i look like an ugly troll, lolz)

but yeah, i wish the bb fans were more fun and reasonable instead of nasty morality pushers, i would love the show then
Wait, you knew Janelle, Will, and james?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I'm so glad they brought the former guests back! I loved Jeff and Jordan, and they were great on Amazing Race, too. Rachel and Brendan were also great. I hated Rachel on CBS, but after seeing live feeds I really liked her. I like that she has a full Disney vhs collection, too, and loves Disney movies. Evel Dick and Danielle were good players, but I didn't really like them. They would've been great to cause drama, though, so I was happy they were coming back, but it was pointless since he left so soon.
I missed last season's feeds. We were rarely home last summer... and when we were it was remodeling time to prepare for the baby... so we didn't think it would be worth the cost to get the feeds. I didn't care for Rachel and Brendan then, but Rachel is much better live. Still not a fan of Brendan. Jeff and Jordan are easy to love. They're so sweet together. I'm disappointed ED left. I didn't like him as a person, but I he and Dani played one heck of a game in his season and I was all excited for the drama he would cause this season. Surprised they didn't cover his disappearance on the last TV episode.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Wait, you knew Janelle, Will, and james?
well "knew" is probably the wrong word. i only knew them online. i was a regular on james' site, and he posted there too, so we chatted a lot. and i was a member on survivorsucks which is mainly a site to bash people, but they loved janelle. and i was one of the few who posted in her hate thread. so when she came out she made a whole thread dedicated to me trshing me, lol. will, i never talked to him.

the only one i met in real life was Howie. he was hosting a stand up here in toronto, he totally sucked and was booed out by the audience. and i spend a night with him and his friends and had sex with him. i was just curious about what he is like, lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts