VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there:

Just a quick word of caution for those of you who might find yourselves up late at night watching infomertails and find the"ultimate chopper" as something you absolutely must have.

I have one and i just want to say that it does work, it cuts up herbs finely(great for tabouli) and you can make hummus easily, as well as cutting up all sorts of veggies.

It's only downfall is that it is very small and therefore you can only make small batches at a time, and you have to be careful about putting in too much liquids as they will run ALL OVER the entire machine.

My advice is if your looking for something to make your life easier in the kitchen, just go for a regular food processor, you'll get alot more capacity for about the same price.

save your money, there's nothing "ultimate" about the "ultimate chopper"

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
When I first saw the commercials for that thing, my first thought was, "But you have to chop up the food first, to get it small enough to fit under the Chopper. Why bother with the Chopper?"

I mean, it looked nifty, but also like it added a good bit of extra work. I can just chop my food with one knife and have less to wash later, too.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My mom got me one for Christmas, it had the Blender attachment too. It sucked. The first time I used it, I burned out the motor. It's being returned. I have a food proessor that I love, I didn't need this thing, but I guess it's the thought that counts.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Maybe I am thinking of something else. What y'all are talking about sounds more complicated than the Ultimate Chopper I saw.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Pampered Chef makes a food chopper that I have been thinking about getting. I am not sure about it though. It might just end up collecting dust like a lot of my other kitchen gadgets. It would be great for chopping up veggies for soup or tacos, but I just don't know.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts