Category: Beverages/Smoothies

Suitable for a: vegan diet

Ingredients:

------------------------------------------------------

1 can coconut milk

2 tbs brown sugar

2 tbs chocolate syrup

2 tsp vanilla extract

3/4 cup whisky (or to taste!) I suggest Jameson's.

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients thoroughly using a whisk, but do not froth. Keep

refrigerated, preferably in a dark bottle. Old 'Bailey's' bottles are ideal!

Note:

If your coconut has separated into solid and liquid, be sure to mix or blend thoroughly first into a completely smooth liquid with no lumps.

Additional comments:

Good! From http://vnv.org.au (Vegan Network, Victoria)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
No doubt this would be very good. I have been searching high and low for a vegan Irish Cream

Is there a way to make it non-alcoholic? --

** so that you can add it to your coffee in the morning and not get fired from your job.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueveggie14 View Post

No doubt this would be very good. I have been searching high and low for a vegan Irish Cream

Is there a way to make it non-alcoholic? --

** so that you can add it to your coffee in the morning and not get fired from your job.
This isn't going to come out very alcoholic, you could add it to your coffee in the morning and be fine, unless you're drinking it with like a teaspoon of coffee, lol.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebelovedtree View Post

This isn't going to come out very alcoholic, you could add it to your coffee in the morning and be fine, unless you're drinking it with like a teaspoon of coffee, lol.
Thanks, BelovedTree. I guess I really want the vegan version of International Delight's Irish Cream. Also I have a family member who is a recovering alcoholic. She would love to have the option of using it as well.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueveggie14 View Post

Thanks, BelovedTree. I guess I really want the vegan version of International Delight's Irish Cream. Also I have a family member who is a recovering alcoholic. She would love to have the option of using it as well.
you might be able to find a non-alcoholic whiskey or just leave it out but I have no idea if it'll be like the ID Irish Cream. Really, this won't be any more alcoholic than vanilla extract or something like that, so I don't know if your family member will have a problem with it. My dad and step mother are both recovering alcoholics and they don't have a problem with small amounts of alcohol in food items (like wine sauce, beer chicken, irish cream in chocolate sauce or coffee, etc) but they both haven't had a drink in like 10 years. I wish your family member lots of luck

Haha, my spell checker wants to change your user name to "Druggie"

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
*bowing down to vggiegirl* I'm psyching myself up to try veganism again and I'm having my own "last supper" of carolan's. Man I love this stuff. And it makes me more fun than usual!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Oh, I never knew this was here. I saw somebody drinking Irish Cream the other the other day and I have had a craving ever since. Was wondering if I could fake it, and now I don't have to do my own trial and error.

Thanks for the bump de!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vggiegirl View Post

Better than Bailey's Irish Cream

Category: Beverages/Smoothies

Suitable for a: vegan diet

Ingredients:

1 can coconut milk

2 tbs brown sugar

2 tbs chocolate syrup

2 tsp vanilla extract

3/4 cup whisky (or to taste!) I suggest Jameson's.

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients thoroughly using a whisk, but do not froth. Keep

refrigerated, preferably in a dark bottle. Old 'Bailey's' bottles are ideal!

Note:

If your coconut has separated into solid and liquid, be sure to mix or blend thoroughly first into a completely smooth liquid with no lumps.

Additional comments:

Good! From http://vnv.org.au (Vegan Network, Victoria)
OMG seriously....I sooo have to try this...and maybe add a dash of mint...mint is my fave

Peace Love and Happiness

Jenn

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-anti-fur View Post

OMG seriously....I sooo have to try this...and maybe add a dash of mint...mint is my fave

Peace Love and Happiness

Jenn
Fabulous idea! Hmm, would peppermint extract work?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts