VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
26,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is about things you had always wanted, or wanted real bad, (and never attained) but after some time went by you realized you were better off without them.

Reading the women rip on boyfriends, husbands, etc. (and rightfully so) has made me rethink my not so secret plan of acquiring VB female companionship. Could you imagine if I screwed up I'd have 50 women verbally kicking my ass!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm better off without that big paycheck and the corner office with the wall-to-wall windows. I had it for a while, but it wasn't worth the headache, the time, and feeling like a greedy scumbag. It was bad karma. Even though I make a ton less now, and don't have any kind of office at all, I'm much happier.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm definitely better off without my dad! For the longest time, I wanted him to come around and treat me, his girlfriend and his mother how we all should be treated. Then all I asked for was an apology and he wouldn't even muster that, and so I kicked him to the curb. Best thing I ever did.

Plus long hair! Phooey on long hair.

·
Registered
881 Posts
All the partying and drinking in school and first year uni. It was sooooooooooo much fun and I lived for my social life, but now I look back and see how crap I did grade wise. Oh well, just means I gotta twice as hard now to make up for it. Ohmigod does this maybe mean I might be growing up

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Good thread idea!

I've pretty much gotten everything I've ever wanted (I don't want much), but I did dream about having lots and lots of kids.

I only ended up with one - and I'm glad (because I'd be spending time in the nut AND poor house if I had any more).

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Marrying my ex... (whe he wasn't my ex)... I am SO much better off without him. He's still a lovely guy but not right for me. I wanted to be with him forever, and I'm glad I didn't get that.

A really good mark for my last ever performance exam... I really wanted the mark I deserved (high) but got a low mark... but I'm better off because it made me realise that performnce sucks and I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for that lousy grade... and where I am now is getting my PhD!

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Great thread!

Something I had: I'd say I don't miss my long hair at all.

Something I wanted but never had: Suzuki SV 650. Now I'm too scared of even thinking about riding one!

But will try to think of something more profound...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well, a while back I was supposed to take an all-expenses-paid trip through Japan over the summer. Had I done that, I wouldn't have become a writing tutor, wouldn't have met the department chair at my school, and wouldn't have gotten a job as a teacher in the school of my dreams. I was pretty bitter about the trip falling through at the time, but it all worked out.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Oh Man....where to start...

Better off without the crack smoking *then* love of my life. Oh God....still hitting myself in the head it took two years to figure out he might just have....substance abuse problems. What can I say, I was Very young in years and even younger in emotions.

Better off without Seattle. YIKES. Whoever knew it could rain so much in four years.

Better off without...the tiny blue car my X decided to take with him when he left. He left our daughter and myself carless and walking to school, work, for groceries, etc. We became healthier as a result...and I was able to get a car later on my own, which was nice.

Better off without COFFEE! After ten or so years drinking the stuff I gave it up. YEAAAAAAAAA! I no longer have to attach an iv to the coffee pot every morning.

Better off without...ALCOHOL! WooHooo...thirtteen years of having a few beers a night...only cost me LOTS of money (I never was one for cheap beer in a can), and left me completely annesthetized to the really cruddy life I had come to call mine.

Better off without...eating animals (that goes without saying on a veggie board)

Better off without the seventy five lbs I had put on as a result of drinking lots of beer, eating too many animals and having to have sugar in my coffee as well as something sweet to eat WITH my coffee.

There are SO many things we think we need and want. But in the end, these things do us NO good whatsoever.

B

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
"Sometimes I thank God, for unanswered prayers, remember when you're talking to the man upstairs, just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care, sometimes I thank God, for unanswered prayers" - Garth Brooks (I'm certain someone else penned those words/thougts, but how true are they?) Forgive me if the quote is off, but you get the gist.

We all have those hopes and dreams that we're fortunate never came true, or to fruition. No?

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
popularity and acceptance from my peers. when i was in school anyways. there was a time where it seemed really important, but i learned that it is a lot more work than its worth and i have more meaningful friendships now

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I wouldn't be better off if I hadn't married my X...then I wouldn't have Madison. However, I'm a LOT better off that he left, even though I DID REALLY want him to stay and for my crummy little anethatized life to continue on course...ick. I'm really glad I didn't get my wish either shewolf.

B

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Oh, and forgive the typo - One of my hopes/dreams that hasn't come to reality yet is that I can type perfectly - but in the spirit of the thread, maybe I'm better off without being able to spell everything correctly as quickly as I think it and push "submit reply"

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.