VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vegetarians/Vegans and omnivores looking for a weekend retreat... this is the place.

The New Life Retreat. It is about 3 hours from Montreal and its in Ontario, Canada.

The price was $150 for Friday after noon to sunday afternoon for two people, a VERY nice place to sleep and all meals included. If you want to participate in the yoga sessions, they cost more.

This was our first introduction to a raw-food vegan way of life. They had 5-course raw vegan meals for dinner time. It was our first raw food experience. My boyfriend tried to skip on the first two meals served because he thought they were going to hand him a plate of carrots :p. When we discovered the meals, they were soooo delicious.

After spending almost 3 days at that retreat, we didnt eat for two days afterwards because we didnt want COOKED food. We craved the delicious raw dishes they served: raw pizza with dehydrated crust, a dish like "alfredo" only with zucchini, breakfast fruit smoothies... etc. It was the best weekend of my life. It was absolutely delicious and relaxing. The place is VERY homey and small. Check their schedule dates because they rotate the types of food which they serve: Vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, and omnivore organic. They also let us shadow the chef so we learned how to make all the dishes that she prepared.

This is also a great place to kick-start your raw food transition, or be introduced to it.

This website: http://www.newliferetreat.com/index.html

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Whoa. Only $150?? That's a very, very good price.

I'm so glad you guys had a blast! Thanks for posting about it. I've been wanting to do a raw retreat for a long time but most have pretty high prices, for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey hey,

Just surfed their site a bit, and I think the prices have changed since you were there-the $150 for 2 people does not seem to be any longer. According to the site, ONE night with three meals is $120 per person.

Thanks for the link--it looks like a lovely spot.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That would be awesome but sooo far away from me! Id have to pay for the plane tickets. Id like to do something like that all by myself sometime though..just go somewhere new and relax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts