VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! working towards going raw and starting using a site called nutridiary to track my food/nutrient intake. What I like about the site is that I can enter in a food if its not allready in their database, what I don't like is that it does not go into detail about all the vitamins and minerals obtained from foods. I wanted to look at things more thouroughly so I started a new account on Cron-o-meter where they have a much better breakdown of everything, and when I started putting in the data from the other site I kept getting some different stats from foods. For example nutridiary says 1/2 mango is 67 calories while cron o meter says it is 100 calories. Just one of many discrepancies. Has anyone noticed this or recomend a diet tracking website that is most accurate? Critiques of different sites? I don't know which site to beleive, really appreciate anyones input! :)

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
A lot of people use chronometer, sparkpeople, and myfitnesspal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't think my fitness pal give you detailed reports like chronometer. What I don't like about chronometer is that there isn't a barcode scanner, but that should be less of an issue if raw.

If you have an iphone, ipad, or ipod touch, you might want to check out health watch 360.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey! working towards going raw and starting using a site called nutridiary to track my food/nutrient intake. What I like about the site is that I can enter in a food if its not allready in their database, what I don't like is that it does not go into detail about all the vitamins and minerals obtained from foods. I wanted to look at things more thouroughly so I started a new account on Cron-o-meter where they have a much better breakdown of everything, and when I started putting in the data from the other site I kept getting some different stats from foods. For example nutridiary says 1/2 mango is 67 calories while cron o meter says it is 100 calories. Just one of many discrepancies. Has anyone noticed this or recomend a diet tracking website that is most accurate? Critiques of different sites? I don't know which site to beleive, really appreciate anyones input! :)
I am using "S health" from Samsung. Rather than listing the ratio in percentage of carbs to protein and fat, it lists the total amount of each in grams, and leaves you to figure out the percentages on your own. It will not provide nutritional information beyond that, that I know of. It will allow you to chart your calories by the hour, day, or month. You can star common foods for easy selection. You need an active internet connection to use it and you have to set up an account.The app needs a lot of improvement, but it's doing the job for now. It's convenient because I have it with me all the time, and don't need to access a computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts