VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im always in search of the perfect lotion. Well, I have been recently since I'm trying to take better care of my skin. I think one of the best ive tried was Eucerin Calming Creme. That was years ago. Im not sure if its vegan (i think it is), but I have an old bottle and even though it feels great, the ingredients arent awesome. i dont see any vitamins or anything and it has mineral oil in it. Ironically, it feels much better than my Kiss My Face lotion that does have superior ingredients. Weird.

And do you put lotion on right after the shower when youre still damp? I read somewhere that you should apply at that time, while still in the bathroom because of the steam or something. I do that but i always end up putting more on after i dry off. plus, it feels like the lotion is melting off or just sitting on the skin while im still wet. I think it does absorb though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've used a company called "California Baby", it's made organically with whole plants. It smells great and actually doesn't harm my skin like mainstream lotions.

I've read that too, but I normally just use it before I sleep. It's oddly calming. :O

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
I use refined coconut oil for a body moisturizer, it works better than lotion and doesn't leave your skin feeling oily like other body oils (jojoba)

refined coconut oil has no coconut scent so you can add your own essential oils for scent or leave it plain

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

I use refined coconut oil for a body moisturizer, it works better than lotion and doesn't leave your skin feeling oily like other body oils (jojoba)

refined coconut oil has no coconut scent so you can add your own essential oils for scent or leave it plain
I use coconut oil, too, both on my skin and hair. Sometimes I use unrefined - because I don't mind smelling like a coconut.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Yep. Coconut oil is great! I bought it to cook with, now it's just in my bathroom!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts