VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I like both Whole Soy and Silk brands of soy yogurt, though if I remember right, the plain flavor for Silk tastes gross and for Whole Soy, it's a lil too sweet to use in savory recipes, like if you're going to make any Indian dishes calling for yogurt.

Only other brands I've seen (in the U.S. anyhow) are Veggie Yogurt, which isn't even vegan because last I checked it contains vitamin D3, and Stonyfield Farm's O'Soy, which I'm a bit too wary to try.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
"so nice" yogurt is the brand we buy. both the plain and fruit flavours are excellent. i've tried several other brands and been dissatisfied with their texture and flavours.

i know that it is possible to make your own soy yogurt fairly simply, but i have yet to try it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
In Australia we don't have much choice with yogurt's, but the one I use is Kingland soy yogurt, it's got a fabulous peach and mango one that is devine (in my pre-vegan days I never ate yogurt but now I've found kingland and love it)

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rebs

In Australia we don't have much choice with yogurt's, but the one I use is Kingland soy yogurt, it's got a fabulous peach and mango one that is devine (in my pre-vegan days I never ate yogurt but now I've found kingland and love it)
I haven't tried Kingland soy yogurt.... just Soy Life and So Natural.

I love the Kingland soy cheese and mayonnaise..... but hardly ever get them.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
'so natural'

wasn't there something about gelatine being in so natural? they took it out and replaced it with a plant derived product but then put gelatine back in as it's shelf life wasn't as long (something along the lines of that) .... if i remember correctly i think i read it in vegan voice magazine.

mmmm kingland is good, yes!

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by with_open_eyes

'so natural'

wasn't there something about gelatine being in so natural? they took it out and replaced it with a plant derived product but then put gelatine back in as it's shelf life wasn't as long (something along the lines of that) .... if i remember correctly i think i read it in vegan voice magazine.

mmmm kingland is good, yes!
Yeah there was, but there is one variety of So Natural without gelatine (maybe plain vanilla?). At least I think there is (I haven't checked for quite a while).

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
i don't know about the best but i buy silk's yogurt for a variety of reasons. it tastes fine to me, it's organic, all the flavors are 100% vegan, and it's a good source of calcium. silk also uses wind energy for 100% of its energy needs. and finally, their soy yogurt containers are completely recyclable - both the plastic and aluminum foil.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I usually buy Whole Soy (just since they are yummy and organic ) and Nancys too. Nancys is super local since I live in Portland and their Mango is really good!

Guess I will have to try silk, that great about the whole container being recyclable! Usually there is that whole " you cannot recycle the lids" ___fill in expletive___, but since they do not...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Does anybody know of a vegan Hairspray - possibly in Australia or if not anywhere?? I've been trying to find one for a while and know of a few other people whom would like a vegan one to but it's been one of those harder things to find.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I really like Whole Soy. It's nice and creamy. I wish they made more flavors though, and mixed flavors more, like peaches & cream, or something.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rebs

Does anybody know of a vegan Hairspray - possibly in Australia or if not anywhere?? I've been trying to find one for a while and know of a few other people whom would like a vegan one to but it's been one of those harder things to find.
Do you mean one that colours hair, or to style hair?

There might be something here:

http://www.hairtech.com.au/abba.htm

·
Registered
685 Posts
in europe i found provamel to be delectable. in the states, i eat whole soy everyday- for some reason silk makes me wanna puke, even tho i love silk soy milk. the yogurt tastes crap though.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts