·
Registered
8,743 Posts

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

Posting veg*n links dont make omnis think differently. as they already think of cows/chickens/sheep as food....try something a little more subtle...like this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-t...?ref=fb&src=sp
That's not true - look at the success that Eugene is having with his site. They may think of animals as food, but many don't know how abysmally they're treated.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

posting veg*n links doesnt make *some* omnis think differently...

I posted a link of a bunny on a plate set up like a roast dinner and links to a UK show called 'KILL IT COOK IT EAT IT'... the omnis who viewed them said it made no difference to the way they thought..
Then I'm not sure what your point is because that's pretty much the idea of the other link you posted (comparing pigs to dogs), saying it might be effective.

Different things work on different people, and some people will never care no matter what you do.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
I'm glad it worked on them, but when I was an omni that's not how I came about. I saw what happened to the actual food animals, and that changed me. Point being, I wouldn't say links to whyvegan or earthlings don't work, but different things work for different peope.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycakes View Post

I have been debating a pm or saying it on her wall, I have gotten huge backlash for simply stating I was vegan before on my wall and had to delete my post after all heck broke loose. I know others who will just open it up to a huge debate and I don't have the energy for it today, even though it probably is my duty to do so, given the opportunity.
My opinion on this is that it's not necessary to have to have the debate if you're not up for it - I personally would post what I said publicly, and let the links speak for themselves. It doesn't matter how other people respond - you got the info out there, and some of them may decide to look.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Molly - re. not debating it - sometimes when I need to say something about animals on a message board of some kind,and I know it will be controversial or general negative responses, I make my post and purposely never check back. There are times that I know I don't want to deal with the crap, don't have the time for a debate, and don't want to be pained by the idiocy, but I want to leave information for anyone who is interested. So I'd just leave the public message and leave it at that if you need to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts