VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per Oneness' suggestion, I am starting a new thread with some of my opinions of the gathering...

Best in-person voice: Terrafae

Biggest coincidence: 3 people at the gathering play (or used to play) the viola

Most generous: Kathym for letting us invade her home

Bravest: Oneness for touching The Mother A LOT

Most impulsive: Scareyvegan who was only going to come for one night and then decided on Wednesday evening to come for the whole thing and drove all night to get to Atlanta

Biggest disappointment: M.O.P. kept his shirt on most of the weekend

Person with the most stories to tell: Obsidian Zebra who quietly observed all the goings on so probably knows more of what happened than anybody else

Best catchphrase: Can you hear me now?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ah, I shall add.

Most entertaining moments: "Muppetcow Theatre" and Infomercial insanity!

....but wait there's more!

Tired of people who went to the gathering posting on and on and still not sharing any pictures? Does trying to reply just leave your fingers a tangled mess? ........

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, yes, the infomercials...Are you tired of orange residue on your fingers when you eat Cheetos? Try Tings! They're vegan cheeze puffs and best of all, there's no annoying orange powder left on your fingers!!

Oneness has pics of Muppetcow Theatre which I'm sure she will post as soon as possible--you will ALL be amazed at my wonderful renditions of fruit.

·
Registered
750 Posts
omg the sizzling bacon was too fricken funny!!!!

and muppypuppys jokes too!!!

hahaha i think the best was i tried to get OZ to talk to me all weekend and then i saw her talking to and sneaking off with some random guy at the drum circle

lol

i know how it is

oneness locking her keys in her car was CLASSIC

okay, im hungover and cant remember much else

Caroline

·
Registered
739 Posts
Oh the comedy of errors we had! keys in car, lost atm card, the infamous turnaround exit where we turned around at least four times after going the wrong way repeatedly throughout the weekend. Good times!

·
Registered
750 Posts
who lost their ATM card?

haha, we got lost everywhere we went

on the last trip to kathys house, we got lost for over an hour... ran into a parade or a marathon or something

Caroline

·
Registered
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scareyvegan

who lost their ATM card?

That would be me. I'm such a dumbass. It was the last night and I lost it at the grocery store. Trav sang Don't Worry, Be Happy to me so I wouldn't lose my mind completely. Then SOMEBODY slipped a twenty into my purse and won't own up to it. You guys are the bestest, sweetest people I know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by terrafae

Then SOMEBODY slipped a twenty into my purse and won't own up to it. You guys are the bestest, sweetest people I know. Thanks
That's alleged. I firmly believe that you had the cash all along, but were overlooking it and then we spent all that time at the grocery store trying to find your card when you didn't even need cash in the first place!

M.O.P. and Happyash provided the best musical accompaniament throughout the weekend. Lots of singing going on.

I think I saw more of the Atlanta airport than of actual Atlanta.

Biggest nicest surprise of the weekend: I love you all more than I thought possible for being a bunch of veg*n freaks I met online.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
OMG... where the hell do i begin?? what a weekend..

funniest moments..

heh Ash and Scarey getting trashed on shots... hahaha.. "who's your daddy" hahaha ..

OZ and her lovely laughter after two beers..

muppetcow and the sizzling fakin bacon demo.. plus of course ink pen, banana peeled, deer in lights....

infomercial night was outragiously funny..

Kathymmmmmmmmmmmm.

hmm so yes i did lock my keys in my car.. hehe.. but of course that is caroline's fault, since she has been blamed for everything

The Mother .. ha and the others were to chicken to touch it.. and oneness brings the light.. *LOL*

it was dark out and someone said they we needed light to see "The Mother", so being a smart ass i say ahh you need oneness to have the light. right when i said that, as i raised my hands in the air, the light suddenly came on. hehe!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot to mention Best in The Sack: Oneness, Terrafae, M.O.P., and Happyash.

(ha ha--don't you all just wish it had really been like that, you dirty, dirty people)

I would like to say that the Best Person to Piggyback On So You Don't Have to Soil Your Pretty Sandals While Walking Through the Muck to the Drum Circle award goes to Happyash. (and that one IS true)

·
Registered
750 Posts
hahaha hey guys, you know how ness thing started...

well theres a 'sappyvegan' now and grrrrrr

oneness take care of it!!! lol!!!

haha a very drunk oz was too funny, she still wouldnt talk to me

she must hate me

she used every excuse in the book not to talk to me... when she was driving it was the old 'i cant talk, im shifting'

man this gathering was mostly great

Caroline

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
best in the sack has competition.. haha.. hmmm i wonder what that would be?

drum circle for World Vegan Day and Soltice was cool.

of course some ran off to the bar during it and those drunks would be Caroline, Reb, Ash and Kathym..

it was odd because we had planned do more in the city, but once there we were having so much fun with out being tourist we just never got around to it..

oh and can someone say.. wow oneness makes the greatest vegan cookies on the planet.. (hehe)

Caroline made a yum dish that we coined "slop" but it was really tasty.

haha terrafae got married to her apple pie with pecan "ice cream"..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Okay, enough already! You've made us all incredibly jealous! Post pictures! LOL!
Glad everyone had such a fun time!!!

*still hopes to see an actual vegan in person one day!*

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oneness makes the best vegan cookies in the whole world, but not everybody got to taste them b/c Kathym was hoarding them and wouldn't share. That's right--the cookies were so good that nice little Kathym refused to let anyone have even a bite of her cookie!! LOL

Scarey's Slop was excellent. Terra made a fantastic vegan stroganoff that rocked the house as well.

Oneness and I came darn close to experiencing Nirvana every time we took a bite of our dinner at Soul Vegetarian. Everyone else kept offering to wipe up our drool. OMG it was yummy! If I had to narrow down the best thing I ate there, I'd have to say it was the toasted almond milkshake. No, wait, it was the gravy on the pepper "steak." No, it was actually the salad dressing...oooh, but I can't forget the mac 'n cheeze or the collard greens...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Let's go for dinner tomorrow! Meet at 6?
Oh and don't forget that last awesome store with the ALL VEGAN baked goods! OZ's pie was to die for it was SO rich! And the carrot cake and the brownie
Hey Mup, how was your oatmeal pie mush mess?
It really did look yummy despite it getting crushed in your bag!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by muppetcow

I forgot to mention Best in The Sack: Oneness, Terrafae, M.O.P., and Happyash.

(ha ha--don't you all just wish it had really been like that, you dirty, dirty people)

And who's to say it wasn't?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
mmmm i do make the best vegan cookies.. heh

muppetcow and i will never reach Nirvana if the Soul Veg experience did not do it for us!

hmm we may have reached something from it though..

1 - 20 of 79 Posts