VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for something with at least 20 GB, and that can reliably back up my important files while I'm travelling.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, I don't think you'll find a free account with 20GB of space. 2GB is the most common free offer. I use dropbox.com from time to time to backup some stuff and share some other stuff. For $9.99/month you get a 50GB account, for free you get 2GB.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenalex View Post

For $9.99/month you get a 50GB account, for free you get 2GB.
50GB for $10/mo.?! Megaupload is free up to 200GB, 2yr storage. Paid account is unlimited storage for 60/yr.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowthepig View Post

50GB for $10/mo.?! Megaupload is free up to 200GB, 2yr storage. Paid account is unlimited storage for €60/yr.
Megaupload and the like are file sharing sites, not personal backup ones (although you can use it like this if you are really patient, but it depends mostly on your files). For free you have the lowest download priority and bandwidth, limited downloading (daily limits, annoying "Download limit exceeded" messages), waiting before a download starts, no direct downloads, no access to files larger than 1024 megabyes, limited lifetime of the files in your account, and many more.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
A GMail account is free and provides 7 GBs of storage space. You can just file attach your files and e-mail them to yourself. You can have multiple GMail accounts.

One limitation is that GMail will not accept *.exe files.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Why not get an external hard drive?
I think the implication was that she wanted something she could access from anywhere while travelling, without having to carry equipment around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts