VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so..ive been away lately, coz of easter. and easter was great. i even got vego food!! and lots of yummy chocolate, which i rationed extremely well (nausea is a phobia of mine. sounds silly but its true).

until last night. when in a sleepy blur i ate way too much. most fat and sugar ive eaten in a day ever. let alone in 20 minutes!!!!!

anyway. im not concerned about calories or whatever..its more advice on this icky feeling im looking for.

do i...

a) skip the next meal and let it all settle

b) continue on as normal and eat some healthy stuff

and whats something i can do to stop the 'ewww going to be sick' feeling that is still with me now, 5 hours later??

..cheers :p and DAMN YOU LINDT for being soooo good!!

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
I find sometimes when I have an upset stomach from too many sweets, a nice bland, but healthy meal settles it well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Protein and complex carbs will stabilize your blood sugar. Electrolytes, from the meal or a low sugar sports drink will help replenish what your body lost on the sugar binge. And drinking lots of plain water also will help cleanse and replinish moisture. Can you tell I'm addicted to candy?

As for just straight up nausea, a combination of strong chamomile and ginger tea works like a charm for me. Sometimes I'll take some Emetrol and eat some saltines, but Emetrol is straight sugar so it'll temporarily curb your nausea but probably won't help you recover any faster from a sugar crash. And if my nausea is REALLY bad I'll break off a tiny splinter of Dramamine and take it. If it makes you drowsy you could take it and feel relief, plus sleep through the icky feeling.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Strong peppermint tea. Helps me every time.

Other herbal teas that help with digestion are fennel seed and vervain.

Hope you are feeling better by now !

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you SO MUCH

the tea thing worked really well and so did healthy and bland (mmm oatmeal).

think it may have actually been food poisoning because i eat a lot sometimes and never feel that bad...and my housemates were all sick too. eheh.

you guys are my fountain of knowledge. i love you

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ginger tea!!!! Oh it works so well for me!!! I get these monster migraines that cause terrible nausuea and vomiting. My husband makes this for me very single time and it helps! It's half a mug of hot water, tsp of honey, 1/4 tsp ginger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.