VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many exercises, but the best exercise that i have observed is swimming because swimming is the only exercise in which your whole body remains, in movement and you can easily develop stamina.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I love swimming and it does work every part of my body...plus it is fun!

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Swimming is good but don't do it after a bottle and a half of wine - stamina go bye-bye.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I want to get back into swimming. It's sounds like you're quite the proponent of it.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
This Erick who's gotten banned, writes/types like he's been on here before under other names.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

This Erick who's gotten banned, writes/types like he's been on here before under other names.
It's a common style for spam robots. They post 4-5 innocuous, generic, yet strange posts. A major indication is an introduction post that mentions nothing of vegetarianism. Later, you see the posts have been edited to include a link. These spambots often have their username as their signature also. I Googled the text of some of his posts to verify, and indeed, this exact same message verbatim has appeared on many other message boards.

I'm leaving the thread open, because people are welcome to discuss the merits of swimming.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I'm leaving the thread open, because people are welcome to discuss the merits of swimming.
Hehe, ok!

I think swimming is one of the best exercises out there. It's fantastic. I adore it. Here's why:
- no one sees you sweat
- it's like flying (or how I imagine flying might feel to a bird)
- when you're a kid there's almost nothing more fun than swimming
- you stretch why doing aerobic exercise, a rare combo
- there's just nothing as relaxing as a good swim (I love hiking and I'm starting to love yoga but neither of those compare to the relaxation I feel from swimming)
- for those of us with asthma, swimming tends to be less likely to cause an attack
- if the pool is outdoors, it's an easy way to tan (if your skin can tan) and get some vitamin D

But I will admit, there are downsides to swimming. For example, not everyone has access to a clean lap pool that's the right temperature (often too hot for real lap swimming). And cholorine does a number on hair and skin. And if you spend any time doing your hair it's annoying to have to redo it after swimming. And shaving can be a pain (not that you have to do it but it's a good idea).

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

It's a common style for spam robots. They post 4-5 innocuous, generic, yet strange posts. A major indication is an introduction post that mentions nothing of vegetarianism. Later, you see the posts have been edited to include a link. These spambots often have their username as their signature also. I Googled the text of some of his posts to verify, and indeed, this exact same message verbatim has appeared on many other message boards.

hmmm....would have never even thought of searching for the exact text, just figured the same person came back with different names.....oh well, at least you know that now!

I used to enjoy swimming...no access to a pool now either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've also read in an article that swimming is the best exercise but after swimming Running is best. If someone doesn't like swimming then he/she can run instead of swimming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love also Swimming is the best exercise.swimming is the only exercise in which your whole body remains, in movement and you can easily develop stamina.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love swimming too, its soooo relaxing and fun and the only exercise I really enjoy. Wish I was rich enough to have my own pool but luckily the local council one is pretty good. Monday is my swimming night and I always look forward to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts