VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electronic music, the ******* child of the music industry....

I just feel like saying IMO the best electronic music albums ever made are:

Fluke - Risotto

Underworld - Pearl's Girl EP

Underworld - Dirty Epic / Cowgirl Single-EP

Prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation

The Crystal Method - Vegas

Orbital - Middle of Nowhere

Anyone else have albums they are passionate about? And I mean an album where you listen to the whole thing (no skipping tracks) and never tire of it?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerix01 View Post

Electronic music, the ******* child of the music industry....

I just feel like saying IMO the best electronic music albums ever made are:

Fluke - Risotto

Underworld - Pearl's Girl EP

Underworld - Dirty Epic / Cowgirl Single-EP

Prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation

The Crystal Method - Vegas

Orbital - Middle of Nowhere

Anyone else have albums they are passionate about? And I mean an album where you listen to the whole thing (no skipping tracks) and never tire of it?
I also really like that Underworld, Pearl's Girl. I don't have Risotto, but I would like to hear the whole thing. I am not that much into electronic music but own some compilations I like quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Oh my gosh...I love, LOVE, L-O-V-E electronic music. Vegas and Music for the Jilted Generation are total classics. Perfecto Presents Another World - Paul Oakenfold is my #1 favorite. I can listen to both discs over and over and over again - without skipping tracks.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I used to be into old school electronic music, but it bores me for the most part these days. My favorites used to be:

Walter/Wendy Carlos - Switched On Bach, A Clockwork Orange

Tangarine Dream - The Soundtrack to The Sorcerer

Tomita - Snowflakes Are Dancing

Jean Michael Jarre - Oxygene

Synergy - Cords (I still have the clear vinyl album)

·
Registered
78 Posts
aphex twin - selected ambient works 85-92 is a favourite.

as well as autechre - amber. i really like the other albums of theirs that i've heard but i have yet to get into them as much as i did with amber.

oh and....daft punk - homework. great album.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Autechre - [untitled], aka "LP5"

Venetian Snares - Doll Doll Doll

Squarepusher - Big Loada

Aphex Twin - The Richard D. James album

Speedy J - A Shocking Hobby

Gridlock - Further

Skinny Puppy - Last Rights

I'll note that none of what I listed is commonly considered dance music and that some is utterly undanceable.

ebola

np: the mars volta

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Underworld- pearls girls is right at the top of my list.

There is also an album a friend of mine used to have, one called smoke city I believe, but I can't remember anything else about it.

I think I listened to it a hundred times, but never once saw the album cover.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome Chomsky View Post

Skinny Puppy - Last Rights
Woohoo, another Skinny Puppy fan!

I love Orbital and Underworld (Dirty Epic is one of my all-time favorite songs), and maybe I'd add 808 State's Utd. State 90 (older) and Royksopp's The Understanding (newer) to the list.

And I know it's not an album, but I just saw Massive Attack last week and they were super-awesome.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray View Post

Woohoo, another Skinny Puppy fan!

I love Orbital and Underworld (Dirty Epic is one of my all-time favorite songs), and maybe I'd add 808 State's Utd. State 90 (older) and Royksopp's The Understanding (newer) to the list.

And I know it's not an album, but I just saw Massive Attack last week and they were super-awesome.
How about some Nitzer Ebb, KMFDM, or Front242?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post

How about some Nitzer Ebb, KMFDM, or Front242?
Most definitely.
I think Front 242 was the loudest show I've ever been to. I'm pretty sure my ears are still ringing from that one. Although Orbital runs a close second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome Chomsky View Post

In a word, yes.

Although Skinny Puppy is in a different league. Basically, they're the second coming.

ebola
Amen!

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray View Post

I think Front 242 was the loudest show I've ever been to. I'm pretty sure my ears are still ringing from that one. Although Orbital runs a close second...
I hate that. I wear earplugs whenever it gets too loud. I remember years ago a Ramones gig I went to made my ears ring for 3 days afterwards.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post

I hate that. I wear earplugs whenever it gets too loud. I remember years ago a Ramones gig I went to made my ears ring for 3 days afterwards.
Yeah, that Front 242 gig single-handedly convinced me to wear earplugs at every show I saw from then on, even if I sometimes feel kinda goofy doing it. I'm much happier at the end of the night when I can still hear myself think (although some might argue whether that's a good thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.