VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It shouldn't really matter. Different beers do have different flavors, but I can't really think of a beer that would be bad for beer bread.

Alternatively, you can make beer bread with soda (pop) instead, in case you don't want to buy a whole 6-pack of something you'll never drink. I think the carbonation is what's important. Bread made with soda will be sweeter.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I just don't think it would matter that much -- do you think you could really taste the difference between Miller light and Rolling Rock in bread form?

If money were that tight I'd be inclined to spend money on something a little more fun than beer that is destined to be consumed only in bread.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

I'm not following...
I'm just saying that if it were me, I'd leave well enough alone. If you like the way the bread turned out, I'd stick with the cheap beer. The difference might be noticeable to a beer connoisseur, but probably not to the rest of us. If I had some extra money at some later date, I would spend it on something else.

Just my opinion, of course. If trying different beers in beer bread makes you happy, go for it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts