Cancun, Mexico

Miami, Florida

Panama City, Florida

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Phuket, Thailand

Santa Barbara, California

Mikonos, Greece

Virginia Beach, Virginia

I know this topic would be better posted in April .........But this is a survey conducted by Yahoo

Do you have your own opinion?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Cape May New Jersey

Ogunquit Beach Maine

York Beach Maine

Coast Guard Beach Cape Cod

Clearwater Beach Florida

Satellite Beach Florida

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I've only been to two of them, so I can't really compare. It's been ten years since I was in Virginia Beach and twenty since I was in Montego Bay, which makes it even worse.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
The only one on that list I've been to is Kaanapali, and I have to say, it's not even the best beach on Maui, let alone the best beach in Hawaii, or the best on the planet....

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I've only been to the one in Mykonos, and it was lovely, but there are a few others that I've been to that were nicer.

Long beach on Vancouver island is absolutely amazing!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know Im biased, but an aussie beach has to make it in the list somewhere. Whitehaven Beach on the Whitsunday Islands in Queensland is one of my favourites. Unfortunately, the PC Im posting from at the moment is playing silly buggars so I can't post a picture.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Here's Whitehaven Beach in Queensland. The sand is beautiful, so white.

[attachment=5118:whitehaven beach.jpg]
LL

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Bells Beach in Victoria, Australia is a wicked beach too. Famous for surfing.

[attachment=5119:bells beach.gif]
LL

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Yeah. Box Jelly fish are in the water from October through to about May but you can wear a full body stinger suit and something on your feet and that gives you full protection. [attachment=5120:stingersuit.jpg]

I've got one that covers my head too.

Sharks are always a potential problem when you swim just about anywhere in Australia, but it's rare to get attacked by the type that like to eat people.
More people die in car accidents in Australia than get taken by a shark.

There's been some incidences of shark attacks on the beach where I live but not often. I still swim there. It's just something you live with and don't think about too much.

In the Whitsundays however if you don't want to risk it, you can go to Airlie's Beach Lagoon on the mainland. It's a salt water lagoon that's a shark and jellyfish free zone and still looks lovely.

[attachment=5121:airliebeachlagoon.jpg]
LL
LL

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Forgot to ask you..... Salt Water Gators?

I was also wondering can I assume that New Zealand has the same, if you know?

Always wanted to visit.........Maybe someday........and Yes the Shore is always big on my list.

Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
We don't have any gators but we do have crocs in the tropical areas of Queensland and the salt water variety will bite. They hang out in the rivers and creeks and estuaries. I think there's been an occassional sighting just off the beach but it's pretty rare.

ETA: No crocs in New Zealand as far as I know so yeah, much safer place to go

1 - 20 of 32 Posts