VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah I have seen it, I was lucky enough to go to a showing of this with Kieth Mann doing the introduction.

I have the dvd of it too. Whenever I watch Behind The Mask, it restores some faith in humans , knowing there are people out there brave enough to really care about animals.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can download this. I won't provide a link, though. Usually I don't care about downloading films, music, etc, but I think Shannon should be supported, and so I won't paste the link until Shannon says it's okay for such distribution.

Anyone who really wants the film, and is too poor to buy a copy, pm me.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I've seen the film. It is of interest in particular to people who are already "into" animal issues.

However, I don't recommend it as an "introductory" film to the AR movement, a la The Witness. It could cause some viewers unfamiliar with the scope of the AR movement to conclude activists are just all about illegal activities. And that makes many people uncomfortable, no matter whether they feel it is justified or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Behind the Mask is going to be showing at the Southampton Cruelty Free Festival, 12th May 2007 at the Southampton Guildhall. FREE ENTRY, doors open at 11am. There will also be a showing of the film made about Jill Phipps.

+ lots of stalls for stocking up on vegan goodies... www.crueltyfreefestival.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've bought it and its very well done. Great production and the more and more you watch it, the better you realise it is.

From Legal Liberation -> Vivisection Raids -> Scientists / Philosphers Opinions -> Undercover Investigations (Labs) -> Economic Sabotage -> The effectivity of Arson (Melaine Arnold) -> ALF Founder Interview (Ronnie Lee) -> Tape of action

Its amazing!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
We just saw this a week or so ago...it's been sitting on our bookshelf for like 6 months! It was quite interesting. There are some things that bugged me, but over all it was very well done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts