VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate bees. they are evil creatures put on earth to make me miserable. my Q is why do they love my cars?

i walk to my car after work,school,whatever and 99 of 100 times there is a bee on my car so i have to sneak in my car and hope it flies away.

not too long ago a bee flew in my window while i was driving. he hovered in the back seat waiting to attack me, almost causing a wreck on the freeway. eventually i found a spot to pull over and i chased him out.

then one time we (not me and the bee) were driving to the theater and i swear it was like one of those killer bee movie scnenes...all of a sudden on this bright, clear, san diego day my car turned pitch black, or pretty close, due to the swarm of bees in this section of the parking lot. if my windows hadnt been up....*shudder*

now this is just w/ my new car, my old car had many more stories which i will not continue to bore you with. it was a vw bug so that maybe understandable. my new car is a jetta. not a bug. this did not happen w/ the two non vw's i owned.

now this may sound paranaoid but i think not. is there certain colours or something that maybe that attract these evil beings. whats the deal? i dont use sweet air fresheners.

·
Registered
0 Posts
bees like bright colors. they also like it if you use anything with a fragrance that includes fruit or flower smells....shampoos, deodorants, cologne, whatever.

san diego! i grew up there, and i'm moving back next year....hooray!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 46 avocados

not too long ago a bee flew in my window while i was driving. he hovered in the back seat waiting to attack me, almost causing a wreck on the freeway. eventually i found a spot to pull over and i chased him out.
chased out or do you mean you left the doors open and stood off to the side talking on your cell to your best friend whining about the bee until the bee flew off on its own accord?

Quote:
Originally posted by 46 avocados

then one time we (not me and the bee) were driving to the theater and i swear it was like one of those killer bee movie scnenes...all of a sudden on this bright, clear, san diego day my car turned pitch black, or pretty close, due to the swarm of bees in this section of the parking lot. if my windows hadnt been up....*shudder*
there were 5 bees and you know it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
congrats on moving back, no accident, ive been here 3 years and i love it.

hmmm perhaps it is one of my frangrances. i do like floral scents and maybe the vw thing is coincidence. that does seem crazy. my bug was red so that im sure attracted them but now my car is silver. oh well.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
at my mom's when i was a kid we had a tree in the front yard with branches that went way out over the driveway and dripped sap on the car. some mudwasps decided to move in (to the tree) and every day it was quite a production to get from the house into the car without getting stung. there always wasps on and in the car.

do you park under or next to anything that would attract bees?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts