VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so today my mom shows me a picture of a man with a HUGE bear that he killed. Then my mom shows me a pic of a dead man that this bear "supposedly" killed. After being disgusted about the dead bear I shook my head and said, first off mom I've seen the dead man pic on another site and he actually was murdered and wild dogs tore his body to pieces not a bear. It was just a ploy to kill a helpless animal. Before I start ranting and raving about this--anyone else have an opionion?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I saw footage of a bear in a tree with two hunters below with a bunch of their dogs (like 10). They shot the bear abunch of times and it fell to the ground where all the dogs grabbed onto the bear on all sides!

It was one of the worst things I've ever seen and it made me exceedingly angry.

It was on the news so I think it was footage concerning illegal hunting of bears that an under-cover "hunting guide" got.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Please do not call that type hunters. They are poachers!!

I get so sick and tired of being lumped together with scum bags like that.

Jeffer

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Jeffer what do you hunt? I don't feel so against it if the person is actually doing it to live off it and not for sport and I mean everything like Ted Nugent does. He doesn't go to the store for a hamburger patty and then decides to kill for food. According to him he never shops for meat and uses every part of the animal. Unlike my parents who hunt and still go to the super market for meat and discard a lot of the animal.
They even have a "trophy" head in the living room. I hate it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Jeffer / 808Veggie

Just a heads up folks... it is not a wise decision to start a "hunting discussion" in the support forums here. If you want to discuss hunting, or the terminology of same, I'd advise you to instead start a discussion thread in the Compost Heap.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really didn't mean for it to be a hunting discussion, just that this poor animal had no rights against a humans' ego.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
808veggie... Oh I know... I was just giving you folks a heads up cause if it turns into a hunting discussion inside a "support forum", it is likely to get this thread locked by the mods or by Michael.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish I had a pic of this bear for you guys/girls to see. It's paw was bigger than the "hunter's" head! I swear! I'm sure he felt like a real man after doing that. Even HUGE animals have rights! No matter how scary!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by beatyourmeat

That remark just shows how ignorant you are.....
heh, well i guess we can mention that to the animals it doesnt matter what kind of hunter you are because they are still dead.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by beatyourmeat

That remark just shows how ignorant you are.....
I know he is a troll and most likely will not be back, but still . . .

So you can give me a argument as to why it is not? It always amazes me how fast a hunter calls me ignorant. Really, most at lest try to call my 'buff' and get me into a debate they feel sure to win before they give up and call me ignorant.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by That Alpaca Guy

So you can give me a argument as to why it is not? It always amazes me how fast a hunter calls me ignorant.
Well, gee, let's look at how you refer to them. Maybe the pot is talking to the kettle, eh?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts