VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Butter Beans ROCK why did no one tell me they are the BOMB..

I can't get enough!

But must admit never thought I would be a bean person now eat chick peas, kidney and butter beans every week almost in everything.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am becoming a huge fan of beans myself. I am trying all sorts of new things with them too. I love them b/c they are super cheap and the perfect building blocks for a meal.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Beans are awesome. So many kinds, and they go with anything! I love putting some kidney and/or black beans on salad.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I love beans, too! I'd eat them every single day of my life forever if I could! Lentils, chickpeas, black beans, pinto beans (especially refried!), etc.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've never met a bean that I didn't like. Even lima beans, which I always heard tasted horrible. My sister hated them so she always let me eat her serving. I love every damn bean on this planet.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2steps View Post

I never really liked them either but since stopping eating meat I like all sorts
It's amazing how much my taste buds have changed since I stopped eating meat. I love all sorts of food I had never tried before. My hubby, who eats mostly veggie (ugh) is amazing me at what he eats now too. He used to would not be satisfied with veggie meals. Now, he generally prefers them and is more than satisfied. He loves them.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun07 View Post

I've never met a bean that I didn't like. Even lima beans, which I always heard tasted horrible. My sister hated them so she always let me eat her serving. I love every damn bean on this planet.
I love lima beans, too!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I am right there with ya.....Beans Rock!!

Peace

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I am in love with the chick pea. Beans are the best.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There are lots of great tasting beans like Fordhook lima beans. Also they are part of Dr Fuhrman's formula to prevent cancer and other diseases. It is called GOMBS for greens, onions, mushrooms, beans and berries, and seeds and nuts.

·
Registered
964 Posts
And bean burgers taste better than meat burgers! I am not just saying that as a vegetarian, either. I really feel that way! I don't miss meat at all when I have a good bean burger in my hand!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

Butter Beans ROCK why did no one tell me they are the BOMB..

I can't get enough!
Oooh, now I'm even more curious about these.
Have not seen them anywhere around here, though.
I recently bought adzuki beans, though, so will be trying these for the first time when I think of something to make with them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just a bowl of butter beans
Pass the corn-bread if you please
I don't want no collard greens
All I want is a bowl of butter beans.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I am in love with the chick pea. Beans are the best.
chickpeas really are the greatest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts