VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like beans, but have pretty much stuck to "the usual" varities like black, navy, red, etc.<br>
I would like to expand my horizons and am looking for any suggestions/recipes anyone has.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
They're pricey, but I love, love, love <a href="http://www.ranchogordo.com/" target="_blank">Rancho Gordo</a>'s heirloom beans. They have so much more flavor than what you can usually get. My favorite are the Good Mother Stallard beans. I also really like the Ojo de Cabra beans.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i eat chickpeas ALL the time, great for a spinach soup w/ some lemon and other veggies, or in chili, or curries or hummus or falafels. plenty of hummus recipes available everywhere but i'm usually lazy and just buy it. great on pitas w/ any roasted veggies.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
black eyed peas! And, you can't live without chickpeas for most middle eastern or indian dishes~

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
mung beans, mayacoba, adzuki, lima<br><br>
been having fun with mung beans, they cook quickly similar to lentils or split peas and have an awesome earthy flavor, great to add to stocks or soups

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with chickpeas and mung beans! Especially chickpeas, you can do so many different delicious foods with it! Also Fava Beans are a personal favourite, especially if you're into Indian, Middle-eastern foods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts