VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my husband and I are both texture people when it comes to eating. I enjoy the texture of beans while he is horrified of them. It isn't the taste but

"the skin and then mush" of them, as he tells me.

But, he loves refried beans at any mexican style place. So I was thinking that I could make beans, season them, and then put them in the food processor??

Anyhow. I am not new to cooking but I'm very new to using spices. Any suggestions? Not too spicy.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
This might not be exactly what you're looking for but I do recommend this white bean dip as a delicious means of transferring beans into your stomach.

Black beans are also good in dips and might be less horrific for your husband (I've never heard of someone being frightened by beans are you sure it isn't psychological?)

Hummus rocks.

Why not just buy tinned refried beans?

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
787 Posts
My favorite:

2 cups canned/cooked black beans

1 tsp chili powder

1/2 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp garlic

Smash the beans or blend in a blender/food processor, add seasonings, and mix.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Black beans are also good in dips and might be less horrific for your husband (I've never heard of someone being frightened by beans are you sure it isn't psychological?)
Oh, its definitely psychological. Because he likes how they taste but he just can't get over, in his head, the whole skin on the bean thing.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I would love to give you a recipe for refried beans but I do not ever measure anything.

They are a staple in my house.

Anyway we use either dried pinto or black beans, onion, little garlic, cumin, tomato and whatever pepper we want that day, anything form sweet green to habenero.

Salt, thats it.

Refried beans are really really simple to make and if your useing dried beans they are pennies to make a massive batch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.