VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
First time I took it they gave me one hit and zero bullets. Then I went back to see what they would have said if I had answered question #15 differently, and that time it would have been a bullet. Can't win, eh?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
1vegan,

Your browser blocks all sites with "game" in them? Are you at work, and is this some kind of managerial attempt to prevent time-wasting?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
"Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without being hit and biting only one bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullet occurred because you responded in a way that required that you held a view that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, because you bit only one bullet and avoided direct hits completely you still qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!"

My bullet came from Question 15:

"You are consistent in applying the principle that it is justifiable to base one's beliefs about the external world on a firm, inner conviction, regardless of the external evidence, or lack of it, for the truth or falsity this conviction. The problem is that it seems you have to accept that people might be justified in their belief that God could demand something terrible."

I never contradicted that last statement at any point in the quiz, so I don't know where they're getting that from.

I think I'm actually a 0-0, but bulletted as a result of poor wording.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Yep, Av, it was the poor wording that they hit me with, too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Woah, I really sucked at that. Probably because I had answers other than true or false and I'm a bit picky about the questions they were asking. Like "God".....did they mean the Christian god? Or what? I had justifiable reasons for answering certain questions certain ways and then it said I was contradicting myself, based on their assumptions. But, I really wasn't. It was a neat test though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.