VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to try this is it possible? Were doing a barbecue tomorrow but I don't think I can afford vegan burgers, there were some good ones from trader joes or somewhere, if someone can remind me. Anyway won't they fall apart?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
If you make them from scratch it helps to prebake them and then just do the final bit on the grill when they are firmer.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I put a bit of tinfoil down and then barbeque bean burgers. they take longer to cook, but dont fall in! plus if you have omnis using the bbq too it stops the need to scrub the grill clean before you whip the veggie burgers out

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I only eat those at bbq's because someones nice enough to think of me! I'd so much rather forego the burgers and focus on corn, potatoes, eggplant, portabello mushrooms, asparagus- and pineapple and bananas grilled at the end, waiting for soy vanilla ice cream!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

I put a bit of tinfoil down and then barbeque bean burgers. they take longer to cook, but dont fall in! plus if you have omnis using the bbq too it stops the need to scrub the grill clean before you whip the veggie burgers out
That's what I do. Even if the grill is scrubbed down I still don't want my burgers on it. Omni grills tend to get caked with meat grease and juices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyvegetarian View Post

Scratch. Where do they sell bb burgers?
Morningstar Farms and Gardenburger both make black bean burgers. Many grocery stores and health food stores sell the MSF ones. You can check their sites and see the list of stores in your area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts