VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed (From an advertisement on the onion) that you guys in the USA are getting Banzai! I've been watching it on British tv and it's great.

It's basiclaly this satirisation of Japanese game shows, and it presents lots of funny situations that you can bet on, such as the one legged striker VS the one armed goalkeeper.

Anyway, it's hitting the fox network on the 13th of July, and I encourage you to all watch it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
What Loki said
Everyone in the US simply mustmustmust watch it - it's hilarious, and betting on it is fun too. My friend and I resorted to using pieces of chocolate, seeing as we were always skint.

·
Registered
0 Posts
is that the one where they do stupid ****, like jump over objects while a platform moves them around in a circle and most of them fall off intot he water.. usually after hitting something or hurting themselvs ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Nope I think that's Takeshi's (Takeshi Kitano) Castle. Banzai features Bert Kwouk (aka Cato in the Pink Panther series) ,worthwhile watching either.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i've seen it, it's hilarious. stupid but funny. or is that, it's so stupid that it's funny.

either way.

think monty python in japanese. completely pointless.

i think it'd be good for drinking games though, guess wrong you take a shot.

eta: i love shakehandsman!!!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's like monty python meets japanese gameshows. It is simply the funniest thing you will ever see!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
watching people get hurt? nah, that's a different show (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge. stupid stunts but funny comentary)

·
Registered
178 Posts
It just premiered tonight in the US and I watched it. I thought it was pretty funny. I like the old lady's in electronic wheelchairs game of chicken and I like the one where they asked a celebrity one question and only one question to see how long it would take them to get mad and leave, they did Simon Cowell tonight and it was great!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
yea, I watched it too.. here at my ole work place. I think it would be fun to watch with my workmate, cause we can bet peanuts or something.

Other than that... well.... Guess it is better than another episode of bachelor.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I was expecting a lot, and I was disappointed, especially since the first segment involved seeing how many helium balloons you could attach to a chicken-like bird before it would float away.

A much funnier show in a similar vein is "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" on TNN. That show is brilliant, bordering on genius. If nothing else, it's inspired.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i laughed so hard at the chicken thing. mainly because the chicken really didn't seem at all upset about it. there was a string attached to the harnass that i'm guessing someone on the ground was holding so the little guy wouldn't drift away. looked harmless enough

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I must be getting blind. I didn't see the string. Still, I'd be pretty upset if someone was manhandling me and sending me aloft without my implicit consent, but there I go misanthropomorphizing again.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I must be the only one who didn't like it. There's another Asian game show on that's even funnier than Banzai... Most Extreme Elimination Challenge. It's on Saturday & Sunday nights on TNN.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts