VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was really craving banana bread, but I'm so sick and can barely cook breakfast/lunch/dinner and didn't want to bake.

So my fiance brought me home banana nut cheerios.

there isn't anything that JUMPS out as nonvegan.
except for vitamins which may or may not be animal derived.
used my good ole' friend google and got mixed answers.

SO- are banana nut cheerios vegan?

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you really want them, and as far as you can tell they are vegan, then I would eat them, and if you find something else out later, don't beat yourself up. JMHO.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you asked if there was anything non vegan about them. They contain D3. Whether you choose to eat them is up to you.

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well a big thanks to the blog who claimed they were vegan.....
Oh & on my sickness because even though it's the very last ingredient I probably would've realized it.
Lanolin....yum?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wonder if there are any breakfast cereals that don't claim to be vegan but actually are, particularly regarding Vitamin D. Hmmm... I'll look into this.

EDIT: Although I don't like PETA, they do tend to have good info on their site when it comes to vegan products and such. Well, I just looked up their list of breakfast cereals that are supposedly vegan. Found Corn Chex on the list and looked up the nutritional information on Chex.com, and it is fortified with D3. Fail.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieP View Post

I wonder if there are any breakfast cereals that don't claim to be vegan but actually are, particularly regarding Vitamin D. Hmmm... I'll look into this.

EDIT: Although I don't like PETA, they do tend to have good info on their site when it comes to vegan products and such. Well, I just looked up their list of breakfast cereals that are supposedly vegan. Found Corn Chex on the list and looked up the nutritional information on Chex.com, and it is fortified with D3. Fail.
This is interesting! So what cereals out there ARE suitable for vegans?

You also have to understand that PETA states quite clearly that the foods they've listed as "accidentally vegan" may not be completely vegan. But the consumptions of foods with the least amount of animal ingredients compared to full on non vegan foods still helps animal suffering. They state "While PETA supports a strict adherence to veganism, we put the task of vigorously reducing animal suffering ahead of personal purity. Boycotting products that are 99.9 percent vegan sends the message to manufacturers that there is no market for this food, which ends up hurting more animals."

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrobabe View Post

This is interesting! So what cereals out there ARE suitable for vegans?

You also have to understand that PETA states quite clearly that the foods they've listed as "accidentally vegan" may not be completely vegan. But the consumptions of foods with the least amount of animal ingredients compared to full on non vegan foods still helps animal suffering. They state "While PETA supports a strict adherence to veganism, we put the task of vigorously reducing animal suffering ahead of personal purity. Boycotting products that are 99.9 percent vegan sends the message to manufacturers that there is no market for this food, which ends up hurting more animals."
This is one time I agree with PeTA. Probably the only time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts