2 tbs. curry powder or curry paste, your choice<br><br>
1 tsp. cumin<br><br>
1 tsp. nutmeg<br><br>
1 cup coconut milk<br><br>
1 medium onion, chopped<br><br>
white wine<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Instructions:<br><br>
------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br><br>
Fry tofu cubes in hot oil in a wok. Remove when caramel colored and evenly brown.<br><br>
Drain on paper towels.<br><br><br><br>
Use bananas that are ripe but not mushy.<br><br><br><br>
Saute the onion in a bit of white wine. Heat the coconut milk over a medium-high flame.<br><br>
Add the spices, coconut, and raisins and stir thoroughly. Reduce heat to medium, add the bananas, and continue to cook until the bananas are hot (stir lightly so they dont disintegrate.)<br><br><br><br>
Add the tofu, and milk as needed to thin out the sauce.<br><br><br><br>
As soon as the tofu is hot this is ready to serve. Heating and stirring beyond that point can turn this into a tasty mush.<br><br><br><br>
Serve with basmati rice, with a side of nuts, raisins, and chutney<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Additional comments:<br><br>
------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br><br>
Additions of peas, toasted cashews or asparagus are all good if you have them. I often use this as a filling for vegan crepes too! Yum!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
i just made this omigod it is AWESOME!! You have the greatest recipes!<br><br><br><br>
I don't really like the tofu in it, I just added it for the protein. Maybe I'll cut it into smaller pieces and use half the amount next time. mmm yum and i'll add cashew nuts on the side next time

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've been having a bit of banana curry lately... not the above recipe (which looks yummy!)... I just make it up as I go along .<br><br><br><br>
One thing that I've added which I've really enjoyed ... a finely diced green chilli ... usually banana curries are really creamy and mild, I really enjoyed having some heat along with the creaminess.<br><br><br><br>
banana curry rocks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts