VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an Australian this issue really hits home, there is a national rally coming up on August 14th because the government is due to vote on the bill to end live exports on august 18th, i am calling on your support to help ban live exports which are supporting horrendous acts of cruelty to animals when they hit foreign shores.. if they make the journey alive. Please check out the websites and sign the petitions!

"Every year millions of Australian animals are exported live for slaughter. Cattle, sheep and goats are sent all through the Middle East and South East Asia to countries where animal welfare laws do not protect them. Tens of thousands of animals don't survive the sea journey and those that do, disembark into countries where they are transported, handled and then slaughtered in appalling ways. Most animals slaughtered overseas have their throats cut while they are fully conscious, leading to an incredibly painful and prolonged death "

http://www.banliveexport.com/1/#takeAction
http://www.banliveexport.com/
http://www.banliveexport.com/1/#tommy

Thanks everyone for their support in helping out these Aussie Animals.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I watched the video that was made public a few months ago regarding the export to Indonesia and it literally made me sick to watch. My gosh people are so horrendously cruel! And the people who made the video, well, I'm just speechless about their willingness to get the video. I can't imagine how they could stand being there in those vile places and having to just watch those poor animals suffering like that and not being able to do something. Even just writing this post reminds me of those images and the nausea wells up. How much worse are their memories of the experience.

I'm hoping that your government (in Australia) ends live export to any country. Let's hope they find some backbone and do the right thing.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Just to let you know Fallon, I signed the petition and I gotta say that I'm surprised that there isn't a bit more interest in this story on Veggieboards of all places. I wrote a post a while back (when I first became aware of this situation) and there was not even a murmur here. What the *ell is the matter with you folks here? Is Australia too far away to care about their cows? Jeeze come on people, sign the darn petition and let the Australian government know that the world cares and is watching to see if they do!

You are so quick (anyone who isn't in Canada) to condemn us for our seal slaughter, but for a cow who is getting it's eyes almost gouged out because it won't stand up on its broken leg, you got nothing?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I visited the site and sent an e-mail supporting the ban of live exports. I'll be sending this to my friends as well. Hopefully they will respond to all of this and make the decision to end it and protect these animals from a miserable future.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks Bright Bird; I have to admit that I was feeling pretty stressed because no one besides me and Fallon seemed to care at all. I don't know if you watched that horrifying video all the way through, but I did and just thinking about it makes me want to cry all over again. So thank you for taking the time to visit the site.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Email sent, that's terrible

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm sorry to tell you that I received an email from the group who first did the investigation and I have to tell you who spoke up for the poor animals of Australia, that the government there voted to once again allow live exports to Middle Eastern Countries, and apparently without any 'rules' to protect those poor animals. But enough of the people of Australia were so appalled that two of their politiicians are already planning to bring it up again. Pray for the cattle and sheep of Australia. They are doomed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts