VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the biggest problem I have with music today. Throughout the history of popular music ballads have enjoyed popularity. This continued even in the 1990's when Whitney, Mariah, and Celine were in their prime. By the year 2000 this was not the case and ballads have enjoyed little popularity over the past decade. Why do you think this has happened? Will ballads become popular again?

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Clearly you need to write us some good ballads.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

By the year 2000 this was not the case and ballads have enjoyed little popularity over the past decade. Why do you think this has happened?
Because they became so boring and lacking in soul, that you couldn't even like them in an ironical sense anymore.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthahook View Post

Because they became so boring and lacking in soul, that you couldn't even like them in an ironical sense anymore.
Soul means singing from the heart. Those in pop, pop-rock, dance, rap, and other "music" that is popular today lack soul, while your good ballad singers are certainly not lacking in soul.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Ballads are boring.
And barf inducing. It's all so sickly sweet.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:

This continued even in the 1990's when Whitney, Mariah, and Celine were in their prime.
I'm very happy I no longer have to hear any of those artists

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I'm very happy I no longer have to hear any of those artists
I have other preferences as well, but if I had a choice between Britney, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Eminem, and Pink compared to Whitney, Mariah, and Celine, I'd choose Whitney, Mariah, and Celine 100 times out of 100.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:

I have other preferences as well, but if I had a choice between Britney, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Eminem, and Pink compared to Whitney, Mariah, and Celine, I'd choose Whitney, Mariah, and Celine 100 times out of 100.
Meh, I'd choose Pink myself. Her songs aren't nearly as irritating as the rest.

I always wondered if Celine's heart would go on if :
[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]someone gave her good kick off the edge of the boat.
[/SPOILER]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts