VeggieBoards banner

Ball game food

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  ecl23 
#1 ·
I'm going to a baseball game tonight and most of the family is planning to just have dinner there, hot dogs and stuff. Has anyone found any good vegan food at places like this?

#4 ·
I found this link: http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/ballpark.htm

But it seems to be pretty out of date. It calls the stadium in Toronto the SkyDome. Pssht.

It really depends a lot on what ball park you go to. Some places will have pretty good options. The Rogers Centre in Toronto is pretty crap but there are soft pretzels and peanuts. You'd probably be better off having an early dinner beforehand and just grabbing a snack (it would be cheaper too). Also, there will be beer. I don't know where you live but if it's Baltimore, Kansas City, or Washington, you'll need it. HEY-O

ETA I don't like soft pretzels so I didn't know this, but apparently they aren't always vegan. Check if you want to have one.

#5 ·
It's funny I was JUST thinking about this. I go to a lot of games and I've always had a hot dog at the ballpark. I was trying to think of what I might do now that I won't be having a hot dog. So I just googled the words Fenway and Vegan and found out what they offer. Luckily Fenway offers veggie burgers and fruit salads. They also offer veggie dogs, but I haven't had one yet and I'm a little skeptical of how good they would be.

#7 ·
Chase Field here in PHX has a couple of Subways (veggie sub) and a couple of sit down restaurants that offer veggie burgers, salads, etc. You should look up whatever field you are going to (or team) and you should be able to find what concessions and restaurants are there. Good luck and have fun!

#10 ·
What stadium are you going to? Major leagues or minor league?

Here at Safeco Field they have veggie dogs and I saw one stand outside doing vegan dogs with field roast. We had ate a late lunch/early dinner so we didn't buy anything to eat. Afterwards we went out for a few hours before coming home. The local triple A team called the Rainiers only has a veggie dog. I asked about food there because we hadn't ate and I was hungry, but I couldn't find anything they could verify as vegan besides a soy latte. I worked at their coffee stand one year and I will not drink coffee from there. It was nasty. Not even sure why I would've been willing to eat anything from there. My husband did have their veggie dog since he was veggie at the time. They couldn't tell me yes or no if it was vegan, so I just waited to eat until afterwards.

#14 ·
Is this a major league ballpark you're going to? I think most, if not all, major league stadiums these days will have something available for veg*ans. I know there are veggie dogs at Dodger Stadium here in Los Angeles. Some stadiums will have vegetarian sushi, even.

#15 ·
Great American Ball Park (Go Reds!) has a UDF (local convenience store chain) inside that sells fresh fruit and I think veg sushi. Some of the stands also offer veggie dogs, but being skeptical I don't bother. GABP lets you bring in your own food/snacks and water as long as it's sealed, so I pick up a bunch of things at the grocery store (vegan jerky, snack bars, packaged nuts of some sort, etc) that I can just keep stuffed in a tote bag and munch on as I feel the urge. It's cheaper AND I don't have to miss a great play!

#16 ·
At the fantastic Safeco field here in Washington State,

Quote:
A concession stand at Section 132 on the main concourse will be dubbed "The Natural" and will offer a variety of organic and vegetarian items, such as $6 smoothies, $7 vegan soup and $3.75 gluten-free snack bars.
Hooray for Seattle!

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Safeco Field in Seattle has a vegan stand. I don't know which ball park you are going to (or went to).
I'd go if the Mariners didn't suck so bad :p

Go Yanks!

#18 ·
In Philly, they have veggie dogs. I'm not sure if the soft pretzels are vegan, but there also are peanuts and popcorn. I've asked about the popcorn, and they don't use any butter on it. If it's a night game, I'd just eat a decent meal before you go and maybe have a snack. I think Philly also has veggie burgers, but I'm not sure they are vegan.

#19 ·
If your going to a southern state game.... There is only one choice!

That is Boiled Peanuts......

Besides that Ive always worried about getting cooked food from places like that... Especially now I think about it something like Tofu or veggie burgers, its probally been in there fridge for months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.