VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to bake vegetables in an oven and still have them turn out all right? If so, how should I go about doing this? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Yes - but they will turn out like baked vegetables (which is not necessarily a bad thing)

I prefer to call it ROASTED VEGETABLES (because it sounds more culinarily cool......)

Here's what I do ( but there's lots of ways to peel a tomato)

Preheat pan in the oven (you can use convection oven and toaster oven too) brush some oil on it first

Prepare your vegetables - then brush them with oil and season them any way you want.

Pull the pan out of the oven - place vegetables on it

Now the road forks you can do it either way

1.) stick them in the oven and roast them - turning once midway - roast them as long as you want to the amount of doneness you like.

or

2.) stick them on the pan - cover with tin foil - put in the oven from 10-30 minutes (depending on veggie and how it was cut up) Then take it out - uncover - and put back in to finish.

Both ways work - but they each turn out a different texture/flavor - and each way works better for different veggies (potatoes/yams/carrots work good using #2 method in my opionon)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
350 Posts
I like to roast my vegetables with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Try slices of squash or eggplant with peppers, onions, and whole garlic cloves. Sprinkle with some garlic powder, chile powder, salt, etc., according to preference. Oven on broil, turn or toss a few times so that they get light brown patches on several sides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts