VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
my favorite:

Use equal parts of green curry paste and hoisin sauce and enough water to make a watery paste. Layer pressed tofu onto a flat layer and then add in the marinate and leave overnight for the best flavor. Bake at 350F for 25 mins per side.

Other recipes I have used:

tbsp miso + tbsp rice wine + tbsp soy sauce + tsp grated ginger + sliced scallions + tsp of chili paste (hot sauce)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
baked tofu is my favorite. This is my favorite recipe. Bakes Barbequed tofu is good too.

Thai tofu

marinade

half a block of extra firm tofu (drained and cubed)

1 tsp soy sauce

2 tsp olive oil

5-6 cloves garlic (minced)

1 small bell pepper (cut into strips)

1 tsp fresh ginger (minced)

1 jalapeno pepper (or to taste)

1 red bell pepper (cut into long strips)

marinate for several hours

Peanut sauce

3 shallot onions

1.5 T peanut butter

2 T lemon juice

.25 tsp basil

.25 tsp mint

mix together until in reaches an even consistency

place the marinade in a shallow baking dish and bake at 400 for 20 min stirring about twice

then stir in the peanut sauce and bake for another 20 min stirring about twice.

Serve on whole wheat couscous

·
Registered
520 Posts
the voluptuous vegan has some good ones.. i like this one:

ginger-baked tofu

1 lb firm tofu

2 tab lemon juice

2 tab mirin

2 tab shoyu

2 tab canola oil

1 teas toasted sesame oil

1 tab maple syrup

1 tab fresh minced ginger

2 cloves garlic

1 teas dried thyme

pinch of cayenne

-Place tofu on a plate and top with a second plate. Weight the plate down with a heavy can or two and let drain for at least 30 minutes.

-Make the marinade by whisking together in a bowl the lemon juice, mirin, shoyu, both oils, and maple syrup. then mix in the ginger, garlic, thyme, and cayenne.

-place tofu on its side and cut into 3 thin slices. place the tofu flat again and cut diagonally through all 3 layers to make 6 triangles. cut the triangles down the middle to make smaller triangles. Arrange pieces in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, in a single layer, fitting them together like a mosaic. pour on the marinade! let sit for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight, turning once.

-Preheat oven to 375. Bake tofu in marinade for 40 min, or until the tofu is golden brown and the marinade is absorbed.

There is another one in the book that is a marinade for tempeh though, i'm sure it'd work just as well, and its a bit spicier, and really good!

Prepare the same way as above, just using this marinade:

1 cup apple juice

1/4 cup shoyu

2 tab brown rice vinegar

1/4 extra virgin olive oil

2 tab mirin

2 tab Chile paste (she has a recipe for one, but you could use your favorite i suppose..)

1 teas hot red pepper sauce

2 garlic cloves

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.