1 Tbs liquid smoke

2 Tbs soy sauce

~6-7 thin slices tempeh

oil for frying

Instructions:

------------------------------------------------------

- Combine liquid smoke and soy sauce

- Fry tempeh in oil

- Add liquid smoke and soy sauce (just enough to tint slices)

- Eat

Additional comments:

------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
26 Posts
Didn't I read somewhere that Soy Sauce has fish products in it?

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Soy sauce is not made with fish usually, no.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kspades View Post

Didn't I read somewhere that Soy Sauce has fish products in it?
I think you're thinking worchestershire sauce.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Because bacon is obviously not vegan and is usually involved with killing innocent animals in the process. why are you even here?

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeplover View Post

Because bacon is obviously not vegan and is usually involved with killing innocent animals in the process. why are you even here?
Usually innocent, because the animals that get heart attacks from eating it aren't innocent at all!

I make this with x-firm tofu, sliced as thin as possible. Liquid smoke, maple syrup, Braggs aminos and water to taste.

Anyone do this with eggplant? I always forget to try that. Think recipe in veganomicon?

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Usually innocent, because the animals that get heart attacks from eating it aren't innocent at all!

I make this with x-firm tofu, sliced as thin as possible. Liquid smoke, maple syrup, Braggs aminos and water to taste.

Anyone do this with eggplant? I always forget to try that. Think recipe in veganomicon?
I do this with tofu as well since I think tempeh tastes disgusting and looks like maggots.

I've been waiting for eggplant to go on sale so I could try it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had normal bacon in another life and nothing will ever compare. Its one of those things that will tempt me.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalRock1990 View Post

or maybe they meant veggie bacon? of course morning stars are just vegetarian not vegan correct?
If you're talking about RonBurgundy, he was a troll, that's why he was banned. He was an omni that just came to post meat posts throughout the forum

·
Banned
841 Posts
What I've done, that works very nicely as well, is to sautee soy bacon strips with olive oil, garlic, and basil. Tasted convincing enough to fool a few omnis in my time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts