VeggieBoards banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I posted about starting yet another new diet, "Always Hungry?" and using their vegetarian approach, which also allowed eggs and full fat dairy.

That turned out to be a bust (see http://lerner.net/the-always-hungry-diet-final-report-before-i-move-on/). Then I went on a trip to St. Louis where I wasn't on any particular diet.

A couple of weeks ago I came back to Japan and started what I think is a very promising, healthy vegan, no-oil, no-nuts, starch-centered diet (http://lerner.net/caloric-density-and-weight-loss-starch-solution-first-week-results/) and have been very pleased with how well it is working.

So I just wanted to drop a word saying I'm glad I'm back and looking forward to how well this works out.

doug

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I lost 1.2 kg = 2.6 lb this week, bringing my total loss for 2 weeks to 4.6 kg = 10.1 lb.

I now weigh less than I did at the beginning of the year, which is great, because I had been gaining steadily since January.

Also, I’m happy to report that I am just not experiencing any hunger on this diet between meals. It’s amazing. I had long thought that starches were my problem, when in fact it seems it might be my solution.

Anyway, I’m obviously motivated to keep going!

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
I lost 1.2 kg = 2.6 lb this week, bringing my total loss for 2 weeks to 4.6 kg = 10.1 lb.

I now weigh less than I did at the beginning of the year, which is great, because I had been gaining steadily since January.

Also, I’m happy to report that I am just not experiencing any hunger on this diet between meals. It’s amazing. I had long thought that starches were my problem, when in fact it seems it might be my solution.

Like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Starch-Solut...ion&qid=1465174918&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1
I thought you got your name from Dr. McDougall! Glad it's working!

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts

Hi Doug and welcome back!! I am so happy you are on a starch-based eating plan, I suspect you discovered something sustainable for you. Studies show it is a very healthy way to eat. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Doug and welcome back!! I am so happy you are on a starch-based eating plan, I suspect you discovered something sustainable for you. Studies show it is a very healthy way to eat. :)
I'm curious to see what my next blood tests show on June 27. That will have only been after just 5 weeks on this diet, still I'm curious.

doug

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
@douglerner--:hi: Welcome back to the vegan lifestyle. Enjoy!! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting about the switch to a starch-centric, vegan diet. I have been following something of a hybrid diet for the last year. For lunch, I generally eat a Dr. Joel Fuhrman-themed dish, generally a giant salad with added beans and a quarter-cup of chopped walnuts. For dinner, I eat a Dr. McDougall "starch solution" dish. Finding out about the starch solution has been something of a revelation to me. Like the majority of people, I always associated "starches" with weight gain, not weight loss. But I have found the exact opposite to be true: as long as you stick to whole-food starches and don't "pollute" them with added fats (like butter or sour cream on a baked potato), they actually promote weight loss (or easy management of a steady weight).

I hope you continue to see good results with your diet. Please post often and keep us informed as to how you are doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts