VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
First off, congrats on your decision to go back to school!

I went back to school at age 26 (turned 27 partway through). Surprisingly, there weren't many people in the class that were younger than me. There were some girls who were a bit younger and acted rather immature, so I had trouble getting along with them. But overall I felt that I had an advantage over other people because I already knew how to juggle school with work and everything else. It also made me work harder and take things more seriously because for me it was my last shot at getting postsecondary education. Like you, I originally went to university for psychology. Afterwards, I decided it just wasn't for me.

I think you will be okay, and there will likely be at least one other mature student in your classes. Even if you are behind other people in programming skills, you have what it takes to catch up. A good work ethic can get you really far!

Overall, I was able to really appreciate my program and I was able to do it knowing that it was exactly what I wanted to do. It was only a 1 year program, so I think it was the type of program that attracts mature students or people looking to switch careers.

I think it's a good idea for you to go to orientation. Maybe it'll help you to feel less nervous about starting class.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts