VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having serious issues with my back, especially when in my computer chair.

It usually comes late at night, but sometimes it comes as early as late afternoon ... it feels like my back has exploded. Sometimes it's specific, and it'll feel like my spine has exploded and the rest is fine. Sometimes I get sharp pains in the backs of my ribs. But every night, without fail, I get that "exploded" feeling in my back.

It kills, and I don't really know what to try to help it. I have tried the BenGay patches before but they didn't help me.

How do I make this pain go away?

·
Registered
441 Posts
oh. well, i don't really know how it works in other countries, but i would still assume you should put your health first, before it becomes irreversible (if it's really brutal). good luck - hopefully you will get it solved.

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Exploded is kind of vague for some of us. I would ask you to do this for me (Us)

When you get these pains, lay down on the rug or your bed, and with your hand reach around to your back and begin to explore the area of pain with your hand. Feel and rub the two large muscle that run along both sides of your spine, and see if you can tell if the pain is some were in the muscle. Then explore your spine starting as high as you can reach on your back

Rub and feel the bones and the spurs on the bones press your fingers between the vertibrae, and see if you can feel any tender spots. Tell me (us ) greater detail how the pain is feeling to you.

Anyway One question I have for you is your weight. If you are over your average weight, Tahnthis could be part of the problem.

I would like to suggest even if you are shkinny to do some stretching (yoga) what ever term sits with you best. It' is a known fact that much back pain comes from the fact thar your muscle will in time shrink. Hamstring and hip joints are the best place to start.

Get on your hans and knees with you hands alittle farther out in front of you, Nd do like number 8 picture on this link hold it for 30 seconds http://cache.boston.com/images/daily/15/yogagraphic.jpg don't do any of the other positions fo a cupple of weeks, let see what happens first with theses simple stretches first.

Sit on your butt (donot do this standing up as it can put tremedous strain on your back) legs straigt and reach for you tows for 30 seconds.

Lay on you side fetal position. Leave your knees there and twist you torso and reack youyr hand out to the other sid that you knees are facing. Then repeat the other side do this for 30 seconds. Look up and learn more about stretches and exercises for you back such as crunches and pelvic tilt. http://www.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/zm2806.asp

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I don't experience your kind of back pain but i have some. i drink way too much coffee and don't get enough water (school). Magically when i drink more water and stretch (good point,joe) i feel better lol.

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandcuffedAngel View Post

By the way, "explosion" is the only word I have thought of to describe it. It's extremely painful, and it feels my entire back has caught fire internally.
I would still suggest that you do a self exam to see if you can possibly find a point of origin. With all the nerves running through an around you spine. the larger area of pain could still originate from a smaller area. It's A place to start any way.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
my computer won't let me scroll back, so i can only see what people JUST wrote. but when i was getting horrible random backpain i was told (although this turned out not to be it, it might be useful) that backpain can stem from not enough strength in your stomach/front.

extra muscle conditioning for that area apparently helps some types??

xoxo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts