VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - how's everyone? I didn't realize there was such a large veg community here online. Looking forward to reading all of your stories.

You can call me River on here :) Just a bit about myself:

I've had a long journey with eating plant-based - I started experimenting with vegetarianism at the young age of 12 after seeing some PETA videos. My young child mind was so traumatized that I had to do something. I ended up influencing a few young friends too and they are still plant-based as far as I know so that was pretty nifty.

Around my early 20s, my husband & I tried veganism for a stint. I'm not exactly sure how we came off of it but since then, we've been mostly plant-based but more open-minded about animal products like fish & eggs. This year, however, I have decided to go full vegan again to better my health, help animal kind, & the planet - I'm sure most of you know the drill.

In fact I've been veering toward a raw vegan diet and it truly feels better than ever.

Anyway I'm glad to get involved in this community and am eager to meet some like-minded individuals :)

-River

PS - I know I already posted this in the health forum but if anyone reading this has healed their thyroid with plants, I'd love to discuss it!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Welcome to Veggieboards! :hi:

·
person
679 Posts
Hi :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts