VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back 2 days ago. The jet lag has been killing me so I havent done much.

Anyways, the veganism was MUCH easier than I expected. I was with a tour group, and I told them in advance that I was vegan, so they called all the restaurants we were going to in advance. If you go, I would recommend going with a tour group, because unless you are pretty fluent in Chinese, you may have a problem. The food for me was usually noodles, broccoli, tofu, eggplant, dumplings, or salad. I know that sounds like it would be repetitive for 3 weeks, but it wasn't that bad. I accidentally ate chicken twice. Once, because of a translator mishap, and the second because a friend snuck a chicken dumpling in with my vegan dumplings.

Also, I should point out a fish situation. When you walk into many restaurants you will see fish tanks with fish in them. People pick what live fish they want, and it is cooked for them. I of course, didn't order it, and neither did anyone else in my group, but other customers did, and it was sad to see the fish flopping around before they were cooked.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts