VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m not quite sure if im posting this in the right place but, Is Bacardi an alright rum for vegans to drink? I heard Rum was all around okay, but you never know. Drinking not good period, but Just wondering.

Thank you!

SaarBear

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbearx3 View Post

Is Bacardi an alright rum for vegans to drink
It's a crappy rum for vegans to drink.

Seriously, bone char is only used to filter neutral grain spirits (from which gin and vodka are primarily made). Even then, bone char isn't always used.

Rum can't be made with filtered white sugar, otherwise it wouldn't have any residual molasses flavor (which even white rum has). So it is reasonable to conclude that bone char is not used in the process. I can't think of any other way animal products would get in normal rum.

Do yourself a favor though and get something better than bacardi! Cruzan is good and cheap.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

this one time in high school I drank a whole lot of malibu rum and pinapple juice. I threw up for a day straight and my bathroom smelled like suntan lotion.
Oooh, coconut vomit. Sounds wonderful!!

(reminds me of my marichino vomit)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.