VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not even sure if I spelled that right. Anyways, I went to Pita Pit yesterday and our favorite worker guy put some of the stuff on a fork for me to try. YUCK! It was so salty! Is it supposed to be salty like that or maybe it was just the kind I tried? Same thing for falafel. The kind I tried there was also salty. It was good at first but after awhile I coudn't finish it.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantih View Post

I've never had salty falafel .
Strange - almost every place I've tried it commercially - like Pita Pit - makes it WAY saltier than when I make it myself.

Babaganoush...I'm not so sure. It can end up salty due to "salting" the bitterness out of eggplant but shouldn't end up being too salty. Sounds like it wasn't made right?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
It sounds like they just make both way too salty for you. I love both falafel and baba ganouj, and I'm not big on salt. Try another place or make it yourself. You can buy a falafel mix or find recipes for both online.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

It sounds like they just make both way too salty for you. I love both falafel and baba ganouj, and I'm not big on salt. Try another place or make it yourself. You can buy a falafel mix or find recipes for both online.
You forgot to tell that baba ganouj is made out of eggplant.

// Lucky that I usually call eggplant aubergine or even 茄子.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Salty falafel? Commercial falafel then. I reccomend trying to make some homemade and you'll most likley love it. ^.^

As for babaganoush.... I have no idea what that is, but I just love saying it. Babaganoush.

Hm. I'm going to go find myself a recipe for it and try and make it this weekend.

Babaganoush.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I've never had babaganoush or falafel that were too salty, even from the Pita pit.

Give them another try. I would second the suggestion of a mediteranean restaurant!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A mediterranean (I'm sure that's spelled wrong) restaurant would be great if I didn't live in a small little hick town. Well it's not too small, but small enough not to have nice restaurants like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.