VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So I've been a vegan for about a month now, and I really want to start avoiding foods that have sugar in them that could have been filtered with bone char. My biggest concern is going out to restaurants. I don't want to seem annoying and ask the server all these questions about if sugar is in something or not. So, does anyone have a list of foods at restaurants that usually have sugar in them and what kind of foods I can eat that don't? I will eat HFCS if needed, (I know it's unhealthy) I just really want to avoid sugars processed with bone char! Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Some Chinese cuisine dishes have sugar in them. But there's no way to know for sure if something has sugar in it unless you ask the restaurant.

Reactions: mads_love17

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
It would be easier to ask about sugar in the general context rather than try and question if sugar or other syrups. Like say your diabetic or something.
Sugar can find it's way in grilled onions, breads, batters, veggies, dressings, sauces.

I can't see any reason to avoid it to the extent of restaurant choices. If I did I wouldn't eat out anywhere that wasn't exclusively vegan--in America at least

1 - 4 of 4 Posts