VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found these products at Whole Foods. I really liked the lotion sample, felt good and smelled great (I liked the rosemary and the lemon). Has anyone tried them or know anything about the company? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
We REALLY like the shampoo and conditioner. My husband had what we thought was dandruff for years but we think now it was just the harsh surfactants like SLS because when he switched to the peppermint shampoo all the flakes stopped and his face and hands didn't peel. My fingernails used to be really dry and cuticles cracked and I think it was the harsh chemicals in other shampoos as well because now they look really healthy.

We both have short hair that requires no styling and for us it works great. He uses peppermint shampoo and my lavender condioner (it works a treat on his beard) and I go back and forth between the lavender and lemon shampoo. I love the smell of the lemon but I prefer the lavender. I might buy 2 bottles and mix them.

It doesn't foam up like other shampoos. We found it is best to put some in youe hand then dribble a few drops of water and rub your palms together until you get some foam action and then rub it in your hair otherwise it feels like you are not really getting clean.

11,550 Posts
i really tried with their ylang ylang glistening shampoo and conditioner, but couldn't get it to either lather, or make my hair feel anywhere near to clean. i suffered through a few months of limp and icky, yet at the same time brittle feeling hair, before i gave up on it, and ended up using the shampoo to hand-wash delicates with, and the conditioner to shave my legs with.

i currently have their lavender exfoliating enzyme scrub, and i really like that. its gentle, smells nice, and has enough of a scrub to it that it feels like its working.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like their lotions and soaps ... they smell so good ... and its not that fake-y smell of chemicals but of real essential oils

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Those of you with oily hair (or ones who think the shampoo leaves them feeling greasy) try the Lemon shampoo.

I also stand by adding a bit of water in your palm and rub until you get some foam action before putting in your hair. If you don't then it will feel limp and greasy.

This may just be better for short, don't really style it hair. If you had long hair or one you expected volume out of--avalon probably won't work. which is a shame that our hair is so conditioned to "need" harsh chemicals to clean it and doesn't know what to do with a mild surfactant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts