VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently live in England where many ready made vegetarian products e.g. Quorn products are freely available to spice up my vegetarian diet.<br><br>
I am thinking of relocating to Corfu or Rhodes and wondered if any one knows what availability of similar products is like in the Greek Islands.<br><br><br><br>
love & light:

11,550 Posts
just off the top of my head, i thought of the fact that i've noticed in the reciepe Q&A section of <a href="http://www.vegweb.com" target="_blank">www.vegweb.com</a> a lady who relocated to spain (i think its spain but its definately southern europe) has said quite a lot that she finds things like tofu and veggieburgers very hard to come by there, and a lot more expensive than she's used to. it might be worth a quick look if you ever go over to that site. i know its not the same area exactly, but i've found that when i've visited europe (only france and holland) there seems to be less availability of that kind of stuff in the mainstream supermarkets at least (i never found a health food store).<br><br><br><br>
If you're moving to somewhere near a popular british holiday resort, or an ex pat or forces community, you might have more luck in getting things (either already available, or ordered for you especially from the uk) in a british store - i know they specifically stock things like baked beans, custard powder and marmite, lol, for the starving homesick brits, and if you promise to buy enough, and there is the market for it, they might get you some quorn in too!<br><br><br><br>
anyway, i hope someone more knowledgable on the subject has something more revelant than me to say very soon!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Hey, I'm originally from Thessaloniki in Greece, and I can find most of what I need there. Well, to begin with, major supermarkets will probably not have much more than TVP or soy chunks, but I tend to do most of my groceries in Whole Food shops or Organic shops, and there is quite a wide selection. Bear in mind that you prolly won't get the same stuff you can find in the UK, mostly because the suppliers tend to be Italian or German, so you get different brands. E.g. you won't find Cauldron or Taifun products, but you'll still find tofu and veggie burgers, just from different brands. I googled for organic shops in Rhodes and Corfu, and there are a few. I don't know if you read Greek or not, I could link the websites or just write down the names and addresses (or phone numbers too) and you can check them out. Let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts