VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Shane Vincent. I am a keen traveller and I have a great passion for all of the world's cuisines. I am also a proud vegetarian. This has led me to my most recent adventure in Morocco where I worked as chef at Surf Maroc's yoga and surf retreats. It has has been the most amazing experience and I felt so inspired by my life here that I decided to write my first recipe book. So this is it…

The Global Table: Moroccan Inspired Vegetarian. 55 delicious and inspired vegetarian recipes. The book is full of useful tips and tricks and some amazing photos of food, people and places and that inspired the books creation in the truly magical place that is Morocco.

This book is for everyone. As a vegetarian chef my goal has always been to please meat eaters and prove to them that meat-free meals can be exciting, creative, nourishing and hearty. Some of the recipes in the book include; Couscous with ruby red pomegranates and fried almonds, Moroccan orange and date salad, Lentil, aubergine and walnut kofta tagine with eggs, tomatoes and black olives, Malaysian laksa soup with noodles, stir fried veg and sesame seared tofu, Smokey roasted aubergines stuffed with spiced chickpeas, apricots and dates, Eggplant parmigiana, Hearty Tuscan bean and cavelo nero soup, Black rice pudding with cardomom coconut cream and fresh fruits and the famous Dark chocolate and avocado tart!

Hope to hear back from a few of you guys. Thanks.

Shane.

·
Banned
841 Posts
Those dishes sound tasty. Awesome to see more people out there introducing people to the idea that veg cuisine is the tastiest out there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I personally love Moroccan food, so I'd definitely like to try some of the recipes!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sounds like you have an awesome and adventurous life, Shane Vincent (as well as a delicious one!) ^__^

Isn't it great that a diet that usually stems from conscious reasoning of living cruelty-free ends up also with some of the tastiest dishes? Your recipes sound amazingly delicious... mmmm! Thanks for helping spread the veggie lifestyle with your work and welcome here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.