VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone's favourite soy milk? I'm looking at trying it again. I don't like the strong soy flavour so any advice is great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
TBO, when I gave up dairy, I drank black coffee for few weeks. I hate black coffee and I hated soy milk. It took some time to find one I could like. Now I can drink just about any. I think the home brand ones are the best for the less beany taste.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
I used to drink 'so good' which I thought was more like so average, but a couple of my mates got me into vitasoy's 'soy milky' and i've drunk that ever since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,577 Posts
^^

By "got me into" he means, we dragged him out the backyard, held him down, poured so good all over his head and said "stop drinking this crap s**t-for-brains!"


This translates to another vote for vitasoy's milky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

^^

By "got me into" he means, we dragged him out the backyard, held him down, poured so good all over his head and said "stop drinking this crap s**t-for-brains!"


This translates to another vote for vitasoy's milky.
LMAO you made me laugh, thank you!!!

If I don't like it, I'm coming after you all, you hear me?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I brought the sanitarium so nice and the vitasoy so milky, lets see what we think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I prefer the 'vitasoy' one, it is milkier then the other. I will try it again when I'm in the mood so to speak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
bonsoy is the only soy milk I've drunk which didn't taste like watery piss

shame it's 5 bucks a carton :S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by leth View Post

bonsoy is the only soy milk I've drunk which didn't taste like watery piss

shame it's 5 bucks a carton :S
I've heard great things about and the price is the down fall for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I had 'so good' for a long long time, probably 6 years, never liked any other brand I tried. Then I tried Australia's Own Organic Soy milk, and I really liked it, and stayed with it. Now I am going one step further, yesterday I bought my own soy milk/tofu maker, should get it next week by mail, and will buy Kialla organic soy beans. Will see how it goes, and will let you guys know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
I like So Good Lite, and Vitasoy lite. So Good vanilla flavour is awesome, and the Vitasoy is my fav chocolate soy milk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I really love So Good Vanilla and So Good Strawberry Bliss.
I read somewhere a while ago that Vitasoy Soy Milky isn't vegan, but I haven't been able to find it since, does anyone happen to know whether it is or not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,577 Posts
^^

Ingredient list from the carton of Soy Milky: Flitered water, whole soy beans, raw sugar, sunflower, oil, calcium phospahte, vegetable gum, colour(171), sea salt, flavours, food acids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Yea, see, I thought it was vegan! I just couldn't get the concern out of my head once it had been put there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I prefer the "lite" versions of soy milk (be it So Good, Vitasoy etc.) since I find the others too rich and "creamy" for my taste. Since I gave up coffee I don't drink much milk, though, unless I have it with cereal for breakfast. I haven't tried any of the flavoured soy milks since I would never just drink a glass on its own. I'm thinking of switching to almond milk for a while actually. I'm rather soy-ed out lately!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyVegan View Post

I prefer the "lite" versions of soy milk (be it So Good, Vitasoy etc.) since I find the others too rich and "creamy" for my taste. Since I gave up coffee I don't drink much milk, though, unless I have it with cereal for breakfast. I haven't tried any of the flavoured soy milks since I would never just drink a glass on its own. I'm thinking of switching to almond milk for a while actually. I'm rather soy-ed out lately!
I will occassionally drink a glass of chocolate milk, but mostly I use the flavoured milks for other things. Vanilla is great for making porridge, and also makes nice tea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,705 Posts
MOD POST: This is the Aussie/New Zealand subforum, so discussion of products not available in those areas is not particularly helpful/on-topic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
I prefer So good regular although I did buy some Vitasoy regular yesterday which doesn't taste as good as the so good to me.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top