VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing before reading this, you must know that I'm bisexual...

I've always been a little interested in dating guys, honestly.

But...

As it turns out, I'm becoming more and more interested in my best friend...

And I think I love him.

The only thing is, I have no idea how he'll react. Because if he does like it, then I would happier than I've ever been in my life, but I worry that if he doesn't like it, I'll lose him forever as a friend.

HELP!

D:

·
Registered
244 Posts
don't just come out and tell him since it's so risky, drop some hints, see how he reacts, keep trying with the hints until your sure he has picked up/noticed. be subtle at first. that's the only advice i can think of. good luck, keep us updated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by murry View Post

don't just come out and tell him since it's so risky, drop some hints, see how he reacts, keep trying with the hints until your sure he has picked up/noticed. be subtle at first. that's the only advice i can think of. good luck, keep us updated!
Thank you so much. n_n

I don't really know what sort of hints I could drop.

I'm already in the Gay-Straight Alliance at school...

Erk...

D:

Thanks anyway. XD

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was in this *exact* situation a month ago. Except I'm a girl, as is she. Also she lives two hours away, since I moved two-ish years ago.

I don't really know how to tell you how to come out, because she came out to me first, and it was the most incredible thing.

I wish you the best of luck. Are you 'out' to your parents? Neither of us are. It gets a little tricky but it means I get to spend the nights at her house. We're responsible and careful (and we haven't got pregnant yet, hehe ^^), and it's really great. Love is love is love is love is love. Says the one who was too scared to come out until she did >< You could make somebody really happy. There's always a risk, but that's the way it goes.

Cant wait for the valentines dance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Cringe* View Post

I was in this *exact* situation a month ago. Except I'm a girl, as is she. Also she lives two hours away, since I moved two-ish years ago.

I don't really know how to tell you how to come out, because she came out to me first, and it was the most incredible thing.

I wish you the best of luck. Are you 'out' to your parents? Neither of us are. It gets a little tricky but it means I get to spend the nights at her house. We're responsible and careful (and we haven't got pregnant yet, hehe ^^), and it's really great. Love is love is love is love is love. Says the one who was too scared to come out until she did >< You could make somebody really happy. There's always a risk, but that's the way it goes.

Cant wait for the valentines dance!
Yeah, I guess I'm going to be in her shoes. I'll probably be coming out to him...

I just hope he loves me back. It would kill me if he didn't...

·
Registered
294 Posts
*nods* No doubt. I guess you have to decide how big of a risk you're willing to take. Hints, of course, are always good. I suppose it's easier for girls, it's sort of accepted that we are sometimes 'touchy.' We'd actually been acting fairly coupley for a few months before actually being 'together.' (Held hands, hugged rather tight, etc.) Boys it'd be a little trickier thanks to (Hurrah!) society's norms. I obviously give a fairly rose-coloured glasses view seeing as it worked out so nicely for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I blame society. D<

I know that until I tell him, I won't even be able to hand around with him as a friend. Last time he slept over it felt so awkward. I wanted to tell him but couldn't...

T_T

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hyuk Hyuk.

So I told him about the gayness. He's cool with it.

I've been hinting at him that I love him, but he hasn't really caught on yet.

Oy...

·
Registered
0 Posts
I was in the same situation as cringe, only it didn't work out so well for me. I had been friends with her for 4 years (or 5?) and thought I had feelings for her, but pushed them aside for quite awhile. I could tell something was bothering her and she wouldn't tell me, but eventually I convinced her to tell me, and it turned out that she had a crush on a different girl, but that girl had a crush on a different girl (are you confused yet? XD ), and that girl crushed back and they got together, leaving my friend sad. I told her how I felt, and we were kinda sorta together (never said it, but we acted it) but then she quit wanting to do anything with me, which I found was odd. I heard from someone else that they saw her holding hands with a guy, and turns out that it was true, she decided to date some guy instead, and neglected to tell me.

That was almost half a year ago, and it still bothers me... -_-;;

Oh, and my parents are fine with it... they are also fine with me being vegetarian, Buddhist and having 10 pets (not including fish), so maybe they are just exceptionally laid-back, I dunno. Come to think of it, the only thing they ever give me flack about is being vegetarian!

Anyway (sorry ro ramble), I hope things work out well for you, and do keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySoStarry View Post

I was in the same situation as cringe, only it didn't work out so well for me. I had been friends with her for 4 years (or 5?) and thought I had feelings for her, but pushed them aside for quite awhile. I could tell something was bothering her and she wouldn't tell me, but eventually I convinced her to tell me, and it turned out that she had a crush on a different girl, but that girl had a crush on a different girl (are you confused yet? XD ), and that girl crushed back and they got together, leaving my friend sad. I told her how I felt, and we were kinda sorta together (never said it, but we acted it) but then she quit wanting to do anything with me, which I found was odd. I heard from someone else that they saw her holding hands with a guy, and turns out that it was true, she decided to date some guy instead, and neglected to tell me.

That was almost half a year ago, and it still bothers me... -_-;;

Oh, and my parents are fine with it... they are also fine with me being vegetarian, Buddhist and having 10 pets (not including fish), so maybe they are just exceptionally laid-back, I dunno. Come to think of it, the only thing they ever give me flack about is being vegetarian!

Anyway (sorry ro ramble), I hope things work out well for you, and do keep us posted.
I'm sorry things didn't work out that well for you. But at least your coming out to your parents was good. I've noticed that a lot of people who are teenagers & in their twenties now have really good coming out stories with happy endings, very different from what people of our parent's generation had to go through. I find that very heartening.
Actually, maybe we should have a thread of good coming out stories...hmmm...

I don't like the phrase 'crushed back' though...sounds painful

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dropped enough hints for him to find out, and he kindly rejected me.

I thought I would suddenly feel better and forget about my love for him, but it doesn't work like that. I still have feelings for him. I need to tell him how I truly feel...

I hope I'm not being stalker-ish.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataraxia115 View Post

I dropped enough hints for him to find out, and he kindly rejected me.

I thought I would suddenly feel better and forget about my love for him, but it doesn't work like that. I still have feelings for him. I need to tell him how I truly feel...

I hope I'm not being stalker-ish.
no offence, but if he rejected you I don't think that telling him is going to make it any better.

of course you won't 'suddenly' feel better. But you will feel a little better when you have had some time...maybe even found someone else. Honest

1 - 18 of 18 Posts